Ebay subs??

Username: Jman223

Post Number: 5
Was thinking about buying a 15" L7 from ebay and was wondering if ebay is a good way to go. If anybody has bought that sub or any others subs or amps let me know how it went thanks. Also i have a budget and upgrading my sound system here is what im getting so far if ebay works out:

15" kicker L7 (ebay)
Hifonics BXi 1606D amp (ebay or onlinecarstereo)

That will cost me about 500 or 400 bucks shipped and i dont want to go over 750 all together. I need help picking out aftermarket speakers and a head unit. Suggestions much need!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5233
dont get an L7 in general. ebay can be a good place just be careful of who you buy from.

Silver Member
Username: Talon01

12 audioque 2.5 144.9 ..., Pa Usa

Post Number: 196
what are you looking for spl sq sql

Post Number: 6
whats wrong with the L7 and im looking for both sq and spl.. want to bump hard

Silver Member
Username: Spivey17323

Dunellen, New jersey United states

Post Number: 645
then you def dont want the kicker. its an spl sub... how much u lookin to spend on a sub?

Post Number: 7
im going for one 15 and not more than 250....what about the CVX i heard its a great sub

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 813
If you're going to get that amp and sub, you still need to factor in the cost of a box, and the cost of wiring. You might be able to get an el-cheapo deck, and some RCAs you got lying around. Then you just need fuse/fuse holder and power/ground wire. There's no way you're going to do all that (sub, amp, deck, speakers, box, wiring, plus other misc. installation goodies) for under $750 imo. You could stick with stock speakers and stock headunit and then save and upgrade those later. Personally, on that budget, I'd do a pair of cheaper (everyone's talkin' about those CVRs on for $53 a pop) 12s, BXI1206d, and then you could probably get a meh headunit with some coaxial speakers and maybe still make your budget. Maybe.
When I did mine though, I just got a fairly nice component set, the ADS 245ix, a little 4 channel, a single 12, and a mid-range deck. Since then, I've upgraded to a pair of MAW 12s, and I'm working on getting a new sub amp. When I do, I can bridge my four channel on the components and I'll have a system with fairly nice sound, that gets fairly loud. Just somethin' to think about.

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 816
Wow. I took entirely too long typing that lol.

Post Number: 8
haha yeah i would think so........if i dont upgrade my speakers and headunit but upgrade to subs, amp, and a box i heard the subs will over power the speakers and sound terrible. so what i was trying to do was get a cheaper set of speakers that will be easy on the budget but sound good.

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 144
kicker cvxs are good budget subs. with enough power and a made-to-spec ported box, i would recommend 1. i run a 12" and i have no complaints.

However i would first recommend an audioque sd2.5...you can get a 15" driver for $160, get a nice ported box (not prefab, get one made to spec ppl on this site make boxes) and save a bit of money since you only need to run 500wrms to power the sub. just a suggestion. maybe get the D4...and power it with a kicker zx400.1 pushes 480wrms at 2ohms...

Bronze Member
Username: 30hrtz

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 62
ya i got a audioque 2.5 15.had it since feb.on a kx600.1 and it is loud and clean in 4.5 cubes tuned to 40hz.still hits low and clean. refurb amp and 160 on sub youll be at 350 with all shipping.get amp at hifisoundconnection...com they also got a new 05model L5 15 for 125 or so.so thatd be in your range,but i went from an L5 to the AQ and my music is still as loud and much more enjoyable to listen to.I was hardcore kicker,hence the kx600.1.want louder get the square,want almost as loud(not much difference on the meter)but alot easier on the ears,get the AQ.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us