Custom subwoofer box

Bronze Member
Username: Pearlwhite94

Post Number: 16
Im going to build a custom box out of mdf for my pickup and i was wondering if i could used plexiglass for some lighting effects. My idea is to cut out some flames on the mdf and replace it with plexi glass through the inside. Will this work at all or will it affect the performance of my subs?

Username: Josh85

Gordon, PA

Post Number: 9
I think it would depend on the thickness of the glass. Plus how you secure it to the wood. I wouldn't use nails in glass tho.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10489
Actually Josh it's not truly glass but plexiglass. And yeah, do NOT nail it lol. Secure it with screws predrilled with some sort of adhesive on the inside. Would look cooool.

Username: Josh85

Gordon, PA

Post Number: 10
Yeah that's what I meant. Is it the same stuff aquariums are made from? How do you get the smily face to show on your post like that????

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10490
Practice young jedi. Use the force lol.

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1360
stop being a dic k paul lol jk look what i can do josh hahahaha :-)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10493
Lol.

Just use the emoticon symbol Josh, just above.

Username: Audio_russell

St.John's, Newfoundland Canada

Post Number: 1
yeal i had a bandpass box with a plexiglass window in front, looking in at the sub's. i then had blue led spotlight's on them, and pulsing neon tubes in the vents next to the sides of the wendow. it was really cool at night.

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 474
sounds like the dual 12"s you can buy at any BB

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 475
But anyway, Paul, I noticed you have a plexi window for your 18" is the window sitting flush? If so, how did you do that?

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 391
i wounder what a real glass speaker box would sound like lol

Bronze Member
Username: Pearlwhite94

Post Number: 17
My idea is to build two wedge shaped boxes for my 12S and cut out some flames or something under the area were the speaker would go so when it hits flames turn on under the sub.

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 435
i have a nifty little setup stashed away somewhere. it is some old 12" sub and for the box i used one of these
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051& langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100078465&categoryID=502379
but only the bottle part. i just cut off the end and used liquidnails to secure it in place. im going home this weekend so ill have to look for it
it sounds like complete s hit but what can be expected
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us