Smelly Subs??

Bronze Member
Username: Moz

Post Number: 33
When i play my subs heIIa loud they kinda smell..... is this normal? its like a wood smell

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Post Number: 6926
their clipping that means turn down he gain and the bass boost or they are gonna fry...

also make sure yoru cables are big enough to carry the current yoru amp needs and make sure you have the proper charging upgrades necessary to run your system

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
i have a triple cap and 1/0 awg my gain is only set to 1/3 up

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5301
what about the bb? and what subs/amp you running? size of stock alt.?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
i have no idea what size my alt is i have the rockford fosgate T10001BD on 2 12" kicker CVX and whats the bb

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
ok bass boost i feel stupid... it doesnt have a bass boost

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Post Number: 6927
it does have bassbost but is called diferent on rockford amps i think the remote has the gain and the bass boost knob...

and you have to do the big 3 to yoru alt your tb10001d is aorund 15000 rms thats too much if you have a small alt if you have a normal car you migth have a small alt..

get 0 gauge wire and run it form yoru pos alt to your battery pos... then the alternator casing run a wire from there to yoru battery neg then battery neg to a part of the chassis make sure u scrape any metal for better flow..

and the most important thing... make sure your ground and power form yoru amp are of the same thick or gauge... and make sure you have a good ground

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
would that be causing any of the smell.... its not that bad its just when you stick your face in my trunk you smell wood...

Silver Member
Username: Imi4tth3w

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 107
dude its just the box if its new its gonna smell like wood its made outta wood. it'll go away in time

if it was BURNING wood thats another story. but its not. is it?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
nope just wood imo i think its the wood being used because the subs slam and the ports are just throwin the air in there... kinda like a f@rt, it smells but its not causing any damage. thanks for all your help guys
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us