4 sealed or 2 ported????

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1352
what would be louder 2 12" l7s ported or 4 12" l7s sealed?

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

BME

Post Number: 3345
I say 4 12's.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1483
i say ported. i dont like the L7s in sealed enclosures.

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 656
They really come alive ported imo too. Enclosure build will determine a lot with that.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3621
4 Sealed Alpine X's vs 2 ported.... 1200rms on each.... lol sorry for jackin your thread but i need the same info for these subs lol

Looking for SQL atleast 147db+

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 657
I'd port 4. lol j/p, I think the Type-x's sound better sealed. They handle kick-bass OK in either enclosure, but if you want sq I'd go with the 4 sealed X's. If you aren't worried about response curves go ported.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3623
Well im looking for good SQ but still want it loud but have limited space to work with (its hard trying to fit big boxes through my trunk opening although the trunk is 13cu. 4 sealed on 4800rms (rated power on underrated amps) 4 JBL Bp1200.1's vs 2 ported on 2400rms (2 JBL Bp1200.1's) should still be about as loud if not louder i hope. As long as it will still pop my ears and make it hard to breathe ill be fine... trying to get somthing on par with my old 2 dd9515F's setup 12cu box... 40hz..

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1640
For the L7, definitely go ported. I think the output will be somewhat similar, but from my experience with these things, you won't regret porting them. They sound a ton better in all aspects. I have one 12" in a 2.75cuft @ 32hz right now, and I really have minimal complaints. It gets loud (obviously) but doesn't sound as bad as a lot of people seem to think. JMO

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 6693
I say go with two sealed or ported more room to move the box around to find the sweet spots of the vehicle less power needed to get loud and no need for mega batteries and huge alternators to do so....the only way id do four subs is if I had a van or something with a ton of space in it to move around freely

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 1355
lol well right now i have 2 12" L7s in a 4 cubic foot box tuned to 38 hz but i saw the begining of Gorrilla zoe's hood nigga music video and he has 4 12"s L7s in a sealed box and i can't believe how much his car shakes

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Post Number: 6928
that aint those subs man that makes that car move like that man...

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 1356
what are you talking about Roberto?

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 143
2 ported. superior for the $$.

really i cant think of any sub in Kicker's line that is superior sealed. thinking about sealing my cvx though.

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 1357
well bad news i wont go sealed or ported because my memphis mcd1000 just went up in smoke literally oh well time for an upgrade anyways

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Post Number: 6931
that the subs wasnt making the hood move from the video of hood figga thats especial effects it would take more than that to make that hood move like that especially those cars that are pure metal and not pieces of plastic and fiberglass

Silver Member
Username: Loudblazer

El reno, Ok

Post Number: 243
what about 4 15 comp's (the cheap black ones)
sealed or 2 15 cvr's ported.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us