KnuKonceptz Flexz Wire

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1962
Anybody seen or heard of it yet. Check it. Thats 1/0 wire.

Upload

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productMaster.cfm?category=Kolossus%20Fleks%20Kable

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Post Number: 6895
thats is so cool they started usign the kicker material so is like the kickerflex but with steroids...

in real life you dont need that much flex the regular klm cable is well worth the price and is a hard product to pass by

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1963
Yeah, I didnt have a problem with the flexibility or running my KLM wire either. Its some great wiring. This is still cool to know about though.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6896
the klm the max that can take is 250 amps the kolozzuz can take 300 amps for like 2 dollars more a foot juzz for 50 amps is not worth it

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5239
50 foot spools for 150 bucks.That's worth it big time.If I ever need new wire...I know what I might be running if I swap out my Kolossus Kable.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5240
The thing is Kicker uses silver tinned copper and they're using tinned aluminum?I forget what it is but it's mostly aluminum I believe.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3660
aluminum ftl

Gold Member

Post Number: 5245
The resistance in the two is very small though but...some people are picky.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5246
It looks like the h0mo who owns that hand shaves.Lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6897
dude copper and aluminum is not abig of a diference the klm is copper mixed with aluminum aluminum is not bad copper is weaker but better for current flow but is not much of a diference but still aluminum is stronger and will last longer..

juzz like copper and aluminum coils is proven that aluminum coils is louder than cooper

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3662
eh.. but aluminum begins to melt at almost have the temperature of copper.. so if your running a large current draw and your wiring is getting hot.. aluminum ftl again :-)

of course if you use proper wire size you should be fine either way..

but lets say solid copper wire vs solid aluminum... copper ftw unless it oxidizes, which well aluminum can do too

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2899
LOL Lil Rob, I love it when you pretend to know something about a given subject.

First of all how do you know aluminum is "stronger and will last longer"? The answer is you don't -- you just guessed. Those of us with an actual education in audio and physics know that copper has over twice the tensile (and overall) strength of aluminum. This is very important when the load is high enough to cause what are called "fault currents" which will cause aluminum to fail much sooner than copper. Second, aluminum has roughly 60% of the conductivity of copper. Hardly "not abig difference". A copper/aluminum alloy which you mentioned is a different story altogether. Let me enlighten your single-digit IQ azz.

The reason aluminum is used in transformer coils and heavy gauge speaker wire is this: the substantially lower weight and cost allow a much larger gauge to be used, thus eliminating or at least closing the gap in the performance/strength ratio. The bottom line here is that if this wire is in fact "tinned", which can mean a variety of materials used to plate the aluminum, the metal(s) that are used in the plating are FAR more important than the metal that forms the core. Silver-plated wire will substantiate this fact.

For the big words:
http://dictionary.reference.com/

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 960
Dont get me started on this.....

http://www.splbassx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8804

So i dont have to rehash.

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 639
^ Great link, like hearing from the person behind the scenes.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6898
brad dont get me start on this man with your copy and paste shyt from winkipedia man...

it is a fact aluminum coils are louder because they are lighter but on copper coils tend to have more power handling thats why there aare mixed thoughs on the coils...

check alan dante man he suses aluminum coils man..

but then he wants to achive alil more output and give more pwoer so i heard hes switching to copper.

the melting point of the aluminum is much lower than copper.

but if you check the winding width and impedance is alil bit larger than copper,
but most of the time the major improvents are on the motor itself and especially the magnetic field is one of the most important things for a coil a tight gap is not a such factor but is somewhat usefull ;)

i did not said aluminum is stronger is louder it doesnt handle too much power like the copper its melting point is lower than copper..

and brand suck my d1ck old man
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us