Read this Rob!

Username: Blackdouglas76

Post Number: 4
Rob or any other smart subbers,

U seem to know what you are talking about. If I am hooking up two 10" kicker comps (4ohms), and two 10" original series Kicker XPLs (2ohms), would I need a distribution block or a fused distribution block? I am using two of the same amps that puts off 125w RMS x 2 each.

What fuse and gauge wire should I have connected to the battery? My amps use 2 30A fuses each...120A fuses total. Can I get away with using 4 or 5 gauge power wire? I already have some 5 guage. Could I use 9 gauge ground wire for both amps from the distribution block?

Since I will wire the 2ohm XPLs in a series, will this make the 4ohm amp draw more power from them vehicle? 190w RMS x 2 instead of 125w RMS x 2? Does that make sense?

Will these two amps be too much on my alt? It is 125 amps. I do not want to modify my truck under the hood. Will this wear out the hardware of my truck, if so, then I will opt not to hook all four subs up. I have the 2 comps hooked up currently.

Do I need any other parts such as a relay, capacitor, helium ballons? Just tell me.

Thanks so much for reading this. Please provide me with detailed answers as I am a little slow with grasping this stuff. I am going to try to hook the stuff up myself.

Thanks again,
Jim

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3279
Don't mix different subs in the same system, it wont sound good. If you have the comps installed now, stay with that.

5 gauge power wire will be fine.

Your stock alternator should be fine with that system.

You don't need a capacitor or anything like that.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5171
Just like MS said don't mix different subs.If you want to add subs add some more Kicker comps to the Kicker comps you have now.Just make sure they have the same specs and either get a box made to house all 4 subs or find 2 boxes for dual 10'' subs that are exactly the same.If you run two different types of subs you'll most likely get poor sound because the speakers will perform differently.One may hit a certain frequency better than the other or it will be faster or slower on bass response so if you did that you'd PROBABLY get some pretty muddy bass.As far as hooking up 2 amplifiers goes,you'd be fine getting either 2 distribution blocks and running your main power to one distro block and your main ground to 1 distro block and then your amplifiers into the distro blocks or you can run one distro block for the power and then ground the amps to the same spot by wires or you can ground each amplifier to it's own ground depending on how you set everything up in your vehicle.The only exception I see in running different subs is when someone has a larger sub for the lower notes and then they run an 8'' sub to pick up everything else.If I were you I'd ask around for the most efficient amps out there for your stock charging system.JL Audio 1000/1 are very efficient but they're also very expensive.I'd look into a DD amplifier if I were you but it will cost you a good penny.

Username: Blackdouglas76

Post Number: 5
Thanks to M.S. and Rob for the info!!!

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5186
You're welcome man.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help