World's largest subwoofer? You decide

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10390
You may have seen the vid, or not. I just stumbled across this.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o36Kp6veJ6c

Kinda fun to watch......

Gold Member
Username: Theweasel

2 12 FI SSD, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 1105
i think that is when the military was experimenting with using low frequencies to make the enemies confused and disoriented and sick.

i wouldn't think anyone would be able to stand in the port of that thing if it was as loud as it looks. i know if you put your ear to a port on a high end car system it would be hell

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2875
Some of the blowhards here will probably say this project is a joke because.... well... they don't know sh!t. But there are a couple reasons why it is not a joke at all.

A) Tom Danley is the man when it comes to low frequency output. He created the ServoDrive subs that are without question the highest output subwoofers ever made. He pioneered the use of drivers that have no voice coils and are servo driven and have virtually no power compression, distortion, or any heat related limitations at all. If anyone here has heard/owned one like I have, they know pretty well what I mean. The ServoDrive will literally shake the earth and puts even the world's best sound reinforcement 18's to shame.

B) 94-104 dB @ 15-20 hz. at a distance of 250 meters is simply insane.

Tom Danley pwns you all, so if you have something stupid to say... save it for your airhead girlfriend who believes you actually know anything at all.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 1...

Post Number: 5315
~100dB at 250Meters?

SONOFABITCH!

I wanna play :-)

Can you say "Concert".

Btw, looks like those subs used at MTX9500's. (oddly)

Gold Member

Post Number: 5316
Or at least similar to them...prolly just had Mitek build em some hi-efficiency subs based on the 9500.

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 670
not a stupid thing to say but i kind of beg to differ on how "great" that is cause i followed a project that mtx was involved with years back called "the 60 inch subwoofer" it truely was the biggest sub out there. only diff was it never produced sound. but it hit crazy azz db's without even running correctly. google it, also i was wonderin on the amps they kind of gave a glance at them and they appear to be plate amps? i'm kind of wondering what rms they pumped out? also it looked like a tone or signal generator was used for input rather then a standard computerized interface? ether way it just seemed like they built a giant talored sub woofer container. in my eyes if u mentioned the worlds largest woofer i see it as one actual woofer not alot put together but i guess u can look at new yorks tv screens the same way. just bunch of screens linked. i had a huge theory on headphone technology and this i won't go into detail for it being my own theory but always intresting to see new stuff.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5317
Your talking about the "MTX Bread Truck".

That wasnt a 'normal' sub, it was servo driven. Pretty much a 60" piston.

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 671
exactly and no but in those terms nither is this box they built.

Silver Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

2 RE8s,PG Xenon 400.1, 135.5dbs!!!!

Post Number: 974
yeah that box they built is just a LOT OF subwoofers concentrating their sound in one area.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us