Mtx 9500

Username: Dc_shawty

Post Number: 8
good sub?
im thinking bout getting 2.. what amp should i get to power both of them... each subs peak power is 2000 watts and plz give me a price range for each thing. thanks

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6340
dont look at peak....means nothing
only look at rms power ratings....and what is your budget for sub/amp/box?

Post Number: 9
okay well i dont have a budget...just looking for price range

Username: Bigbink

PhillyUsa

Post Number: 2
if budget not a problem look into all american made amps like us amps,planet audio,memphis, I used 1 rockford T1500.1bd on each woofer they handled the power well.

Silver Member
Username: Zero43

Fort gordon, Georgia USA

Post Number: 232
I got that sub the 9515 about two years ago in thesledgehammer box for I think 450 it was special ordered for me it was a pretty loud sub sound quality
wasn't the best it can get low
with a non-professional instrument it got well over 110db but it had mechanical noise
if you have it in a closed trunk you won't notice it and the port noise

get a mtx 1501d (appr. $300 if you can find it) or it's equivalents
with mtx i'd rather match their products they seem to work with better results for me anyway

i've used an 801d and a hlab AE1600 It the hlab got louder obviously but at the same vol the mtx amp sounded better only because of the way the mtx amp modified the signal

but to be brutally honest if you could wait until I check out rds subs I could tell you which I thought was louder if that's what you're looking for and you may just get a great sounding sub along with it

as far as power mine with a 1600 (1k-1.25k would be my suggestion) rms hlab for well over a year it didn't get hot but at times it did distort a little when trying to play above I would say 50hz-55hz
if that's what you have your heart set on go for it

what type of sound are you looking for anyway

if you have no budget try rdaudio.net or fiaudio.com
reaudio.com is good too and there are sellers on ebay that sell them pretty cheap

Post Number: 10
here's the price and everything http://www.infinitecaraudio.com/cgi-bin/icastore.cgi?user_action=detail&catalogn o=T951544

plz tell me if its good and the amp that im lookin at is http://carjamz.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=663&zenid=04 65e13279ee803c127f3aa36a019813

Silver Member
Username: Zero43

Fort gordon, Georgia USA

Post Number: 234
that's the price I got my t9515d at which came with the sledehammer box that store has it too take a look at it
the amp would be good but I thinl you shoukd just go with the ta81001 for one and if two the ta92001 from the same store you want to get the sub from. those subs only go down to 2ohms and I really doubt they can take 2k a piece stick with the mtx amps is my suggestion

Username: Bigbink

PhillyUsa

Post Number: 9
if using 2 subs you can get down to 1ohm but if 1 sub the mtx amp gives all of its power at 2 ohms also check out the visonik 4000xd and the ma audio hk series 4000d amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us