Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 110
nvr seen one of those before...

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 446
is that like a new operating system or something? or is it like firefox, where you can dnld diff templates....?

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 4380
that looks nutz
howd you do that

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 652
what up dave. im in 7th hour. haha

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 692
http://www.ipodwizard.net

check it out they have all kinds of themes for your ipod.. took me a while to figure them out though

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 776
yeah i did that a while ago too. the novelty sorta wears off after a week though.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3569
Gets even better when you screw up and Brick your Ipod then you have to buy another :-O Polo..

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 5128
since that is not your ipod in the picture did you actually do it to yours and does it work, and why does it say kill ipod on their.

also i read threw that site but it was confusing how do you load this onto the ipod

Silver Member
Username: Explictx

Glen Burnie, Maryland USA

Post Number: 408
the kill ipod thing is probably like a turn off selection.

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 447
I tried to preview a theme, and couldn't get it to work, it just kept saying it was encountering problems and closing.
plus, I couldn't find your theme either...cause I know you didn't make it...

Silver Member

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 695
Yes the kill ipod thing is just 'sleep' or whatever its normally called.

And yes i did this to my ipod. I tried taking a picture but it wasnt clear so i just posted his. Mine looks almost identical but I changed alot of the text around. Music to Musiq, Artists to Artistz etc. I could try and help you if you want, it took me a good couple of hours to figure it out.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 5137
i couldnt find a guide how to put it on the ipod on that site, i dont want to waste your time but if you can breifly explain it that would be cool.

Silver Member

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 697
Ok first off what kind of ipod do you have? You download the latest version of ipodwizard. Then you download the bg hack .bin files. You will see on the forums under 5g themes (assuming you have a 5th generation ipod video) the version of bg hack the theme uses. Anyways most of them are 1.3.2 or 1.2.1

http://rapidshare.com/files/37327599/Firmware5g_bg1.3.2-2.bin
this is the 1.3.2

Anyways when you open the ipod wizard make sure your ipod is connected to comp. Click edit mode: firmware file. Select the 1.3.2 bin file (once again, make sure the theme is 1.3.2) and click open firmware.

From here you should be able to follow the persons instructions on loading themes. lmk if u can't figure it out

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 455
every time I try to load theme, it searches for a .ipw file format, which the theme I dnld is a .rar file

confused.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 5143
fu ck i cant get it to work, my ipod wont downgrade its firmware it says it cant connect or some bullshitt

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 927
just put linux on your ipod. problem solved.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 5145
ok well how do i do that and how will it bennift me?

Bronze Member
Username: O0airjordan120o

MN US

Post Number: 85
nice modz... i remember when i had an ipod nano, and put some linyx on it and made it into an ipod video-nano. lol good times. i tried to change the background and deleted a small section of code(of coarse bricking it) al}though u never really can 'brick' an ipod.. theres always a way to fix it if u have the time.

Silver Member

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 928
you can fix them by using the iTunes restore function i think.

Also, back everything up before you edit lol

Bronze Member

MN US

Post Number: 87
actually nick v.. u can fix MOST ipods with itunes restore andsame goes for a backup. when u brick it is when it cant be explored. when that happens u have to install linyx onto ur computr and do a bunch of crazy sh!t and then complettely uninstall linyx AND THEN run restore...lol.

Silver Member

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 698
mat dope if you have aim i could help ya maybe. when you download a .rar file, you have to have winrar to open it. A rar is a zipped file, or pretty much a bunch of files into one file to make it smaller. You use winrar to open it and extract the files to a folder.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 5170
yeah i un rar'ed it and then added the files into ipod wizard and wrote them to the new firmware but then it wouldnt let me downgrade my ipods current firmware said it couldnt connect and it wouldnt let me write the new firmware on it either, said to close other programs that were useing it like itunes, which was closed along with everything else but ipodwizard.

Bronze Member
Username: Noob101

Taylorsville, Utah USA

Post Number: 95
I tried putting that exact theme on and i can't get the background to show up. I downloaded the firmware and it says it can't write to ipod because their is errors like -2 and 3222093 or some shyt. So i did it all manualy through the load bitmap button and wrote it to my ipod that way but their is no Background picture i can edit on my ipod....any help? if you can help witht he errors that could fix everything...

Silver Member

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 934
u have to install linyx onto ur computr and do a bunch of crazy sh!t and then complettely uninstall linyx AND THEN run restore...lol.

Linux*
And Linux has several distros. You do not have to install linux onto your computer if you brick your Ipod. There are several programs and even default files available all over the internet. And no, you cannot uninstall linux, you have to format it off. It is not a program, it is an operating system.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2910
I am easily impressed that Mat knew how to unrar something.

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5187
haha brad, come on i know how to use a computer here...just dont know some programs like your damn yahoo or this ipod sh;t :-)

Silver Member

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 700
well whats your aim mat and ill explain it the best i can to you

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5193
well i was just trying to put a theme on my 30g vid i think i know what im doing with it but it just isnt really working, it wont let me degrade my firmware and it wont let me write anything to my ipod.

Bronze Member

MN US

Post Number: 90
u knowwhat i ment.

Silver Member

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 701
you actually dont degrade your firmware. you have to load your ipods firmware, then load everything that comes with the theme.

after that you write to the ipod's firmware and it should be fine. the whole degrade firmware thing is for an old version of itunes, thats how they used to do it

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 4398
i put the rasta theme on my 30gb ipod looks tight as fawk

Silver Member

Post Number: 802
you guys got me thinkin about doing this again.
I made a theme a while ago. Pretty much pot leaves wherever I could put 'em, kings, queens, and jacks were smokin' doobies, etc...

Bronze Member
Username: Noob101

Taylorsville, Utah USA

Post Number: 96
^
Share the theme??

also anyone know where i can find the firmware file for the 5.5Generation ipod?

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5197
fu ck ipod wiz cant access my ipod, says to close programs that also use the ipod like itunes but nothing is open and it still wont let me edit anything in my ipod or even acces it threw ipodwizzard, but it does aknowledge that it is their.

Silver Member

Post Number: 809
"fu ck ipod wiz cant access my ipod, says to close programs that also use the ipod like itunes but nothing is open and it still wont let me edit anything in my ipod or even acces it threw ipodwizzard, but it does aknowledge that it is their."

ctrl+alt+delete, close ituneshelper and ipodservice, then try again.

Silver Member

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 705
ok use these .bin files
they will work for 5g ipods only. (not 5.5)

STEP BY STEP DAMNIT!

1. Plug in the iPod.
2. press ctrl+alt+delete and close ituneshelper.exe and ipodservice.exe
3. Open ipod wizard
4. Next to "edit mode:" choose Firmware File
5. Click the "Open firmware" button and load one of these .bin that I have put on ecoustics. Make sure that everything loads with no errors.
6. Click the "Write to ipod" button
7. Click the "eject" button. After it ejects from computer disconnect from computer. Ipod will restart and after it does the theme should be there

Silver Member

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 706
aw crap it didn't let me upload here..

http://www.mediafire.com/?1zy4ruwemgu
http://www.mediafire.com/?esa2nmtrttg
http://www.mediafire.com/?5ddmfz4mnhh

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5204
yup i did that mine is a 5g. i closed all programs that said apple or ipod except ipod wizard. and it still says that it cant acess my ipod. i even tried restoring my ipod and that didnt help. i made a post on their forum hopefully they will know whats wrong with this.

Silver Member

Post Number: 811
Alright, everything works for me, except I can't get rid of the white bar at the bottom on the now playing screen. I tried a few background hacks, one of them made it look right on the regular progress bar, but as soon as I press the center button to seek, adjust the volume/rating, or look at the album art, I get the white bar again. That's the only reason I'm using the normal one. Did anyone get rid of that g@y white bar?

Silver Member

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 707
mat dope: you have to enable disk use on your ipod. you will be able to find that option in itunes, i think.

cam make sure to use the correct bg hack with the theme. they tell ya which one to use. usually 1.2.1 or 1.3.2

Gold Member

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5231
thanks for the help but that still didnt help :-(
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us