NEED HELP ASAP!!!!ON A KICKER 1500.1

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

Lincoln, Nebraska U.S.A

Post Number: 198
When i turn up the gran the power cuts out!!!!
Idk if its going into portection mood theres only a green light for power i see no other light, i just got this today all i did was disconceted my old amp and hucked up the New one same and so idk HELP PLEASE!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1755
upgrade ur electrical ... clipping the ish out of it most likely .. that amp is a current hog

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska U.S.A

Post Number: 200
ok i'm goin to do that asap i'm usein my old 4g wiring 1 etx batt i'm goin to do 1g soon!!
the clipping did it fu*k up my amp??? b/c i'm going back to my old one intill i upgrade my electrical!

NEED TO KNOW IF IT DID ANY THING!!!!

i got it at 4Ohms on to RE SE

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 775
Throwing an amplifier isn't a good idea...

yeah. do the big 3, set your gains properly, check if your voltage drops below 12.5V, if it does, new H/O alt time.

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska U.S.A

Post Number: 201
what will it do to my amp??
and the volt miter dose not drop at all wean the bass hits could it be a loss wiring some were??

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2488
sell it to me. lol jk. is your back bat dead? maybe the ground came loose?

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1789
you should be fine dude, i had a zx1500 and a zx350 on a stock 124 amp with stock batt and no big three, and my lights didnt even dim nor did my voltage ever drop below 12 with the car on (resting voltage car on about 13.9

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2490
HAHA now i have your 350.4 lol. i think it os a loose ground that lost its solid connection when you were switching them out. if your acared about the amp have it tested at a shop if available.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2090
get my email man?????

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2492
nothing yet. =(

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska U.S.A

Post Number: 202
i put my old amp back in and my sub's blown or fu*k up idk if there blown i never heard bad sub's be for my old aim is a usamps xt2000d

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska U.S.A

Post Number: 203
whats goin on with my sub's this sh!t is p!ssin me off

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2495
maybe put the pos into the neg on the speaker tterminals?

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska U.S.A

Post Number: 204
i tryed bouth??

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1325
calm down Mr. Terentino

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 414
did u check the ground?
are the Rca's messed up?
recheck everything, reinstall all wiring.
is the amp brand new?
take it back where u got it from, get a new one and see if u get the same results.

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska U.S.A

Post Number: 206
i have had that wiring for 2 years now lol

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3604
Check the DC voltage at the terminals of the amp (where the power connects to it) to make sure the amp is seeing the same voltage as the rest of the electrical system, do it with the amp on and off, compare it too the voltage under the hood after with amp on\off and bass playing drawing current. Sounds like your going into voltage protect, the amp wouldnt go into protect for a 4ohm load due to resistance, its not low enough... You sure its wired to 4ohm and not 1ohm? If its DVC 2ohm it should be wired in series. Besides that if the HU output voltage is to high for the amp it could go into protect, but most HU wont give out enough power to put a amp into protect this way unless the gain on the amp is turned up enough, but its possible to do it with the gain 100% down as well... line drivers or high preout voltage HU... 5V+... most amps are about 250mv-5v input.

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska U.S.A

Post Number: 208
i got one of the wires goin from the + tterminals to the - tterminals then the other + & - goin to the amp?

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3605
You may have the terminals mixed? Make sure its different coils? If its the same coil thats goin + to - that would mean your running only 1 coil while the other is getting shorted out

Silver Member
Username: Trans_am_ls7

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 128
yep the amp need more power and i fried my sub b/c the kicker amp sub sonic is 22Hz and the box is 32 or 35 i for got what he said?? is this true?? b/c the box i'm goin to use for my 18" Q at 32Hz will it do the same thing?? need help asap!!!!

Thanks,
Quentin
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us