Box suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3619
Well, I think I'm final on running a single 15" setup again.. only issue is my car. Off to the right of the trunk close to the middle there is a white plastic cup that comes down..it houses part of the rear seatbelt.. from the trunk floor to that it is jus tad over 15 inches. I could build the normal box, sub and port firing to the rear and make a cutout in that portion of the box to account for that or I can do a different design.

Heres two ideas I've had floating in my head. I've never been fond of firing a sub up but heres idea (1).

Build the box similar to this. Of course it will be taller than that. The middle portion of my seats are the only part that folds down so I thought about putting a single 9" port there or possible 2 4". They will elbow away from the sub towards the right side of the box. Half of my seat opening should be the box/ports. The other half I wanted to leave open this way the front phase of the subwoofer could travel through without being dampened badly by the trunk/seats. The flaw with this idea is I wonder how bad the rattles would be?
Upload

Idea (2) is the basic box of course with that recess for clear that one area in the trunk. I have a factory mounting hole for a 10" subwoofer in the rear deck towards the driver side. I was thinking about taking the plate out and running a 9" aero straight through it into the box. Of course the front phase of the sub is going to be dampened in the trunk. I could do the same setup and port the same spot as the first box idea (1) and take that plate out and run a small aero, not inside the box but just inside that hole so allow the front phase to come through easier.
Upload

Not sure.. just ideas.. anyone else got any?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3623
:-)

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12270
do u mean something like this p2 12Rf i did for a guy recently ....

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 3627
kind of.. except the port goes through the rear deck of the car and into the cabin

Gold Member

Post Number: 3643
no one?

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1336
looks like you pretty much have the best two designs kevin
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums