Need a bit of help

Username: Dubmc23

Rapid City, SD USA

Post Number: 1
ok heres the deali have a kicker zx750.1 amp hooked up to a kicker CVR 15"....tonight i built the sunken in box for my 98 civic...i have tested the amp with it all the way up and yet it isnt hittin even close to what it should be...can some one suggest something? oh and it is set up in a parallel wiring setup...

Silver Member
Username: Spivey17323

Dunellen, New jersey United states

Post Number: 555
is your sub wired right. the sub, its a d4 correct? if your using that amp. and u said all the way up. i hope u dont mean your gain?

Silver Member

Post Number: 556
and on that amp what do u have your crossover control set to?

Silver Member

Post Number: 557
could be the enclosure also.

Rapid City, SD USA

Post Number: 2
naw the gain and cross over are only bout 3/8 the way up and it could possibly b the box to but idk if it is that because it seemed like my 6x9's were hittin harder the the cvr...but yea its a d4

Silver Member

Post Number: 558
damnnn... did u test the sub out of the box or now? and hmm check to make sure u wired the sub correctly. thats all i can think of bro

Rapid City, SD USA

Post Number: 3
out of the box and now lol...and if i remember right if u are reading the kicker symbol the bottom prongs should have the one wire runninng between eachother and the top prong are connecting to the amp...

Silver Member
Username: Greeney1888

Clover GroveIm rich btch...

Post Number: 397
http://www.cardomain.com/shop/wooferwizard.pl?num_of_subs=1&impedance_of_subs=4% 2520ohms

enter your info and see if you connected it correctly

Rapid City, SD USA

Post Number: 4
ok i wired it an alternate way and seems to be working better but u can still barley feel any bass at all...im kinda thinkin bout jus pawin it off and getin 2 12's...what 12's would go great with a zx750.1 kicker?

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 368
yeah but get the 4 ohm subs so you can wire it to 1 ohms and get the best out of the amp your probablye getting arround 900 off the amp right

Silver Member
Username: Greeney1888

Clover GroveIm rich btch...

Post Number: 399
play with your gains on your amp, im sure its that. also what did u tune your box to?

Rapid City, SD USA

Post Number: 5
aight u guys thanks for the help...ill be testing all the sh*t tommorow...

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1925
There has to be something wrong if your 6x9s hit harder. Make sure your gain is set correct and if you have a subwoofer control on your headunit check that out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us