Mom let me use her cam :-) vid check it out

Silver Member
Username: Spivey17323

Dunellen, New jersey United states

Post Number: 521
little better quality had to put it up because i did rd dirty with that last video lol check it out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI9PEVzZ_ug

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 409
it looks like it's out of phase

but none the less good stuff.

wish i would have bought one of them

Silver Member

Post Number: 523
whats out of phase?

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 744
Nice man. Looks like it's moving pretty good.

I'm guessing he's referring to the voice coils. I'd like to know how he can tell from a video, though.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1920
It looks like its hitting when the sub is going inward. That would be out of phase.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5136
Yea...it does look out of phase.

Silver Member

Post Number: 745
Check your speaker wires. I guess it sort of looks like it, but I don't think you can really tell from a video.

Silver Member

Post Number: 526
oooo... Idk if it is or isnt. What causes it to be out of phase? Like what would be wrong with the speakers wires what should i check for? Thanx

Silver Member

Post Number: 527
and if it is will this damage the sub? should i check the speaker wires on the sub or on the amp?

Silver Member

Post Number: 529
ttt

Silver Member

Post Number: 747
look at your speaker wires and see if the one that goes to the negative on the amp is the same as the one(s) going to the negatives on the sub. I don't know how you wired it, but if the voice coils are out of phase with each other then you can damage your sub. I'd just rewire your sub, making sure that you don't accidentally cross the neg. and the pos.

Silver Member

Post Number: 530
alright... damn so u gotta take all the screws out damnit. well it cant hurt to make sure. better safe than sorry right. thanks for the help cam

Silver Member

Post Number: 748
np, man. let us know.

Silver Member

Post Number: 531
will do...

Silver Member

Post Number: 532
just checked everything out. all my speaker wiring is good and after that i played a few songs on it and lookewd to see if the bass was hitting when the sub went in and it wasnt. i guess it just looks that way on the picture. thanx for the help though guys glad its not f*cked up.

Silver Member

Post Number: 749
Good to hear.

Silver Member

Post Number: 536
yea thank god lol u guys scared me. i was like sh*t f*cked it up already haha

Silver Member

Post Number: 751
Lol. Spendin' money twice always sucks. Have fun man. I only get to listen to my system 2 weekends out of every month.

Silver Member

Post Number: 541
truee... sux y's that?

Silver Member

Post Number: 752
I'm 15, car stays at my Dad's, and I only visit him 2 weekends out of the month. I'm pretty excited though, cause next weekend I'm building a new box for the MAWs. Can't fu<|<in wait.

Silver Member

Post Number: 543
ooooo i seee... youngin lol. and damn where do u live? u have to be f*ucking 16 to have a permit and 17 to get your provisional license where i live haha ur lucky. but nice i heard some good things about those MAW's. how do u like em?

Silver Member

Post Number: 759
Yeah I don't have my license yet. I get my Learner's (have to have someone over 25 with a full license all the time, one passenger, restricted times etc.) in April. I love the MAWs. I expected them to be pretty quiet on the 200 I have, but my Dad can hear it when we're at opposite ends of his 10 acre property. They sounded OK in the old box, but this new box should really help.

Silver Member

Post Number: 550
yeaaa... enclosure is always plays a big role. damnu already have a system b4 ur driving thats sickk lol i didnt even get a car until like 5 months after i got mine haha.are ur getting a new amp too right?

Silver Member

Post Number: 761
Yup. I know eh. I got lucky as hell. Someone gave me a '94 Geo Tracker. I just had to pay for the gas that was in it lol. $50 CDN. I might be buying /\/\ike's phd10000. If I do I'll run it at 4 ohms. Either that or it'll be a NINe.1.

Silver Member

Post Number: 551
true true. i feel you. i would go with the ed nine.1but if its a good deal on mikes go for it

Silver Member

Post Number: 765
Yeah we'll see. I'm probably going to be buying my mom's Grand Cherokee Ltd. in a few years, and I'm thinkin a pair of 15" Mags, so the Earthquake would be good then. At the same time, I already have probably $800 to $1K of gear in a car I basically paid $50 for. I dunno. I gotta get Mike's email. I think the NINe.1 would be $300, and it's in Canada so no customs. Mike's would be exactly the same, but $500 plus shipping I think. I dunno, I dunno.

Silver Member

Post Number: 552
true true. well good luck. its all up to you haha tough decision coin flip ftw! lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 770
lol. or I'll see who wants to sell their amp the most. "well the other guy says he'll throw in 15' of 0/1..." lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us