My night- (BTL) VIDS

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 604
So I still have colby's kick azz camera, but the battery is dying so these are 1min vids at the longest :-(.
about a half dozen though :D

So I went to a dark parking lot where I didn't think any cops would bother me for doing a bag trick: it doesn't sound as loud to me but I guess I'm just used to it by now- I wanted to find out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QhdJMDc2sU

While I was there, after maybe 30 seconds of bag trick (the video shows it) my phone rang. I paused it, and answered: my friend asked, are you near x location? I said yes, why? He said 'dude, I'm at the gas station [about 200 or so yards away] and my floor-board is shaking in my car, can I come hear your subs?
So I say sure, come on.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq7Dn87MFa8

I played it for a few seconds, and here come about a dozen high-schoolers hanging out a few hundred hards away, wanting to see "who was vibrating their mirrors from across the parking lot".

Gawd-damn wtf dude?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v6WX9NRZwo

About to knock my Fin hat off:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX6L0ETNcWI

I got a few people wanting me to install some stuff in their cars, so I'm not complaining. A lot of covered ears, a LOT of people running out. I couldn't even get the girls to lean in for a hair trick, but it was fun all the same. (I have a vid of the girl leaning in for about 1/2 a second- she jumps, have to upload that). Now as long as they don't get any funny ideas about stealing stuff I'm safe
(Not like they can get my stuff before I can run out there and .. ).

Silver Member

Post Number: 606
Damn slow connection, sorry two topics.

Silver Member

Post Number: 607
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHPhMO1e-CI
Last vid, girl didn't want to lean in so it's not that good, and really short, but oh well...

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1918
Nice sh!t. GD dude...WTF?? LOLOL

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6281
not even loud troy....

but seriously, im envious bud lol....good sh1t

Silver Member
Username: Greeney1888

Clover GroveIm rich btch...

Post Number: 396
that sh!t bumps man, id like to see some vids in daytime when u have a chance

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 1893
lol, you are like a god to them.

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 691
Watching people hold there ears and jump out of your car makes me feel deaf

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2468
have you been on a meter yet?

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 722
is all your stuff hooked up to a stock alternator and battery if it is how does it handle that much power without cutting out mine cuts out once in awhile and i got 1500rms

Silver Member

Post Number: 692
152.7 on the 9th of this month, shortly before popping the sunroof off the tracks haha.

That was with 3 of the 4 subs moving correctly, since then Troy has tuned all subs to move about the same and its a bit louder to the ear, he'll have to see how it does on the meter now.

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2469
hmmm i think the big question is at what what freq? and thats only off 4k total correct? dam.n that box is fine in purty.

Silver Member

Post Number: 693
Yes it's only 4k. As you can see the lights dimming in his vids, unfortunatly it's doing a toll on the stock alt..

I believe it was at 41 or 42hz.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2081
thats 16k and i pray for a night when im in a parking lot late at night and hear some1 with a REAL system from across the parking lot and go to check it out and its troy fvucking jones w/ 4 18's n' 16 thousand watts

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 723
yes i wonder if his system ever cuts out once in awhile because of all the power goin into his stock alternator. I know with my system it cuts out once in a while with 1500rms

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2470
no its only 4k total. its one t40001bd

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 724
so is that 4000rms then he is running to the subs because im runnin 1500rms on my setup with a zx1500.1 and cuts out once in a while after decent amount of time of playing

Silver Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

2 RE8s,PG Xenon 400.1, 135.5dbs!!!!

Post Number: 956
HEY, Looks like we got a young Steve Meade here...lol

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2472
yes 4krms. i had my t30001 do it too me once. but that was after about ten minutes of full tilt music. hehe just add another battery with a relay or iso. and youll be fine

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 725
yea i was thinking about gettin another battery how would i hook it up tho? do i take a postive and a negative wire and just run them to both batteries? Like say take the one postive wire runnin from under my hood battery to another battery in the trunk and then same thing with the negative wire. and then just use the battery in the trunk to run another positive wire to the amp and then a regular ground?

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2473
i ran a power wire to the bak battery then grounded my battery in the back and then hooked my amp up pos and neg from the back battery. i used the cheap wingnut style terminals to make it happen lol

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2083
so ur not running the 4 memphis 4k's and 4 18" fully loaded btl's anymore?????? :-(

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 742
I thought he had 4 t40001bd's, but he's waiting to crank em up... I dunno though. That's dope though man. Looks like some fun lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 608
^no I still have MCD4KWs. I have the subs getting 12v AC on full tilt test tones, so closer to 3krms. I've never had it cut out- I don't let my votage go much below 11v so I don't mess up the amps. There's no way a stock charging system can keep up with that kind of power for any time at all, let alone 16k watts, which is why I stress just how much I have it turned down. :-)

Thanks, yeah, that boring evening get pretty entertaining.

Hunter- 152.7 with 3 of 4 subs moving. I think my alternator has gone down hill since then though.. (stock alt). If it goes than upgrades will take a higher priority So I can only try to kill it lol.

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2476
lol. very impressive. but troy i think its tme to quit playing around and get a *few* batteries and get those 4 4ks hooked up. lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 609
I'm considering going 16v, but I don't know if the amps will be okay with that daily. Anyone with any experience?

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 104
amazing. simply amazing.

Silver Member
Username: Spivey17323

Dunellen, New jersey United states

Post Number: 522
freakin sick bro... niceee sh*t

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1710
damn thats nice

in your 1st and 4th vids in your first post what songs are you playing?

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Money man, blowin

Post Number: 2914
so sick need a doc? yes!

Silver Member

Post Number: 612
The first vid is "I'm a G" by young joc. The 2nd is "Keep it Gangsta" by jeezy, unless you mean the one with the girl, which was "White Girl" by USDA.
Thanks for the pos. feedback :-)

Silver Member
Username: Spivey17323

Dunellen, New jersey United states

Post Number: 554
creature MONSTER like the loch ness... hahaha thats my song reece

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 5114
thats a nice set up put up some pics in the daytime, i would be very carefull running that on your stock alt, i dont know if your running 4k on it but if you are be cautious because you run a high risk of killing your car bat, the alt, your amps, and subs.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Do Work Fi Audio

Post Number: 1868
that sh!t is weak

Silver Member

Post Number: 614
^lol :-)

Check down below in the build log mat dope, "4 BTL 18s and 4 memphis 4ks" thread. I think it's already archived.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5144
Troy the Memphis amps shine on 16volts but it's a bit of a hassle running a 16volt system.Go for it though and then you'll get some crazy power to those subs.It won't be cheap though.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 5119
hehe that thread is to long for me to read threw, i take it you have a good charging system then but from some comments in this thread it seemed like you didnt.

Silver Member

Post Number: 615
I don't matt. Stock 130a alt, 3 yellowtops on 1 run of 1/0. I still have LOTS of upgrades left to do.

Rob, do you know if the amps will be OK for hours of heavy daily usage on 16v? I know they'll be good on burps, but I mean daily. I figure it's only $100 more per alternator, and the extra few thousand watts would be worth it.

Someone made a battery that had a 16v side and a 12v side, does anyone know who makes it, or where I can get it? Thanks.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 5121
yeah then take it easy on the amps till the HO alts come in.

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2483
i believe kinetik has one part # escapes me right now lol. but it has 3 posts 1 neg and a 12 v post and a 16v post.

Silver Member

Post Number: 620
Hunter, thanks, I'll look it up. I thought stinger had one but I can't find it anywhere.

Mat, I have the amps putting out 12v ac to the subs at full tilt, so I'm going very very easy on them :-) Thanks.

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2494
powermaster makes on too.

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 482
awesome vids
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts