Alpine or Kicker amp?

Username: Chanmal

Post Number: 1
Please help..

I'm interested to use a subwoofer Kicker L7 12".
But i'm confused which i should use as an amplifier. Kicker 750 Rms or an alpine 1000Rms.

and also for the speakers 65x 4W which amplifier is the best ?

Kicker 90 x 4 W(4 Channel)
Alpine 70 x 4 W(4 Channel)

Bronze Member
Username: Hhs_kid

Post Number: 12
As for the sub amp, just get the Kicker amp because it will actually put out close to 900 watts if not a lil bit more than that. I've seen that amp go for only $220 on buy.com

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2788
Both are good but I would go with kicker.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3535
^^^^^ Agreed

Kicker subs suck though. If you didn't buy that already don't.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
You know, I've seen so many arguments saying Kicker subs suck. That is not true; only their L5s and L7s suck. I've got two CVRs and I'm very pleased with them. Even though I've heard they have plastic voice coils, mine haven't given me any problems. This comes down to one of those "pick what you like and want" topics.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3547
What I meant to say was Kicker's square subs suck. The CVX and CVR are actually fairly good.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5447
It all depends on what you're doing with the subs.If you can afford them for one time use they're great when it comes to competition setups.

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 323
I bought my kicker zx750.1 refurbished from sonicelectronix through ebay for $199.95 shipped.
Birth sheet says 886wrms and ive seen one that said 930wrms. I dont regret buying it one bit. Great amp.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
M.S."What I meant to say was Kicker's square subs suck. The CVX and CVR are actually fairly good."

I know, that's why I said the L5 and L7 subs. Even though Kicker has tried to reinforce the corners they still do not last as long as round subs. Square subs are more prone to flexing too. That's why I love my CVRs. They're decent and I haven't had any problems with them. The last comp I was in I got 3rd with 130.2db and 1st place had two 15" SoloX subs and he hit 132db. Don't know why he didn't hit louder but that's what he got. That was on my Profile amp too. I haven't been metered with my new setup yet.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2809
Kicker doesn't make 15" Solo X's

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4990
hahaha lol! got busted.

I'd use a CVX with any of those brands, just get the cheapest.

For components, it depends, there are some "hungry" components that can easily handle a lil bit, but there are other that hate extra power, so it depends.

I'd get the cheapest one again, both are good quality.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
They may not have been SoloX but what were they? Here's a pic of what they looked like.
http://www.audiooutfitter.com/images/items/337/70337-02s15l74.jpg
Are these old L7s or somethin? He told me they were SoloX subs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us