I Need 2 12" Blown Type R's

Username: Slanco5

La Crosse, WI United States

Post Number: 3
I am looking for two 12" Alpine Type R's. Yes I need blown ones!!! I will pay $15 for each sub and the cost for shipping. Located in LaCrosse, WI 54601, if you have anything please email me ( slanco5@hotmail.com)or just call me (608) 782-0553, looking for something fast!! So if you have some blown Type R's... ATTENTION : The 12" Type R's have to be the new style type R. Email or call and let me know what you have!!!

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6270
can i ask why?

Post Number: 4
Originally I purchased 2 12" Type R's at Bestbuy. Thoes were stolen out of my car, along with both of my MRP-M650's. I have a warrenty on two Type R's until Aug 2011!! I can just exchange them if you have no use for them!!!

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 2670
just to let you know.......

that wont work

Gold Member
Username: Mike11202

DD9515G VFL 200.1 = : , Sewell, NJ US

Post Number: 1039
$15.00 what a joke

Gold Member

Post Number: 1040
i have a working new Type R 10" in a fisher customs ported box $169 + ship

i bet it hits as hard as those 2 12's you had

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v407/mike11202/Alpine%20Sub/typer1.jpg

Post Number: 5
Not interested in a 10" sorry... And I can exchange them, I have a warrenty to replace any blown sub until Aug 2011 at Best Buy. I have already replaced my subs once because i blew them. And if I may add, $15 for a blown sub that cannot be repaired, seems like a better deal than just throwing them away!!! So if anyone has any new style blown Type R's that dont want them, I will buy them!!!

Post Number: 6
Oh and I had my two 12" Type R's tested. I was hitting 147.8 with two MRP-M650's, a 1 Farrat power cap, and an Alpine Deck. I dont think that your 1 10" can hit that, even with the ported box, sorry!!! I have one 10" Type X that does though!!!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6272
what kind of meter was it?
147.8 would be very impressive.....but what meter?

Post Number: 7
It was a DB Drag at Sound World. It was our car audio place. Sound world has then since closed, but is now owned and operated by AudioMobile (www.Audiomobilelax.com) and is a great place for awesome deals. I had the system in a 2001 Dodge Intrepid. The seats folded down, and subs were in a sealed box. I loved that system before someone got in and stole it :-(

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

North carolina

Post Number: 423
how did you get that score? TL, outlaw, in the port?
and its not farrat its farad, and caps are useless except for certain setups that could benefit from them. Ive seen alot of people buy them just to have more electronics that will look cool

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6274
well, ill say congrats on that score and good job....but i must say i dont believe you

Post Number: 8
I placed third in the sound competition. The first and second place people hit over 150 DB, which was ridiculous. The one dude had a truck with two 15" CVX, and the other guy had three L5's i think. I have the paperwork saying I hit that from Sound World ( which is a car audio place ). I no longer have that system, but I do have a couple others, but nothing that sounds as clean, or loud as my Type R's. My 12 CVR's are loud, on the Kicker 750.2, but doesnt sound as clean as a Type R.

Post Number: 9
750.1 pressed the wrong key

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 690
"I was hitting 147.8 with two MRP-M650's, a 1 Farrat power cap, and an Alpine Deck."

Can you show us proof that you hit a 147.8? Otherwise, its complete bulshit especially with your 12" type r's in a sealed box.

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 599
the kickers were breaking 150 I'd say chances are the meter was = to an a/c. Out of a trunk, with that power... eh..... A/c, sure, t/l, don't buy it.

Silver Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

SSD Wangin, Shawano, Wis... USA

Post Number: 970
ive been to soundworld and my buddy went in there to get his volfenhag 12s metered and they said he was hitting 150.2db so what they have is way off i believe

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1123
There is also no way you would be going up against people with 2 15"s and/or 3 15"s..... As those guys would NOT be in your category for Dbdrag and for USACI there is no way they would be running under 1,800rms @4 ohm for those subs (which is again your category)......

I have 2 12"s 6,000 watts rms and I do 147 with the car running USACI and 145.4 car off Dbdrag and I have a 200a alt..

(Street B) I beat the 3rd place guy as his cd player skipped during our head to head and could not register over 142db.
http://www.termpro.com/asp/members2.asp?Who=13&MemberID=9660&Page=2

As noted above this is probably unlikely unless using a a/c mic.

Take pics next time or get a certificate. If they are not giving out certificates you probably wasted entering the comp as it wouldn't be a sanctioned event.

Post Number: 10
I will look for my certificate stating what I hit, I have moved a couple times so stuff is packed away in boxes, but Ill make a copy and post the pic as soon as I can find it... until then, i am still looking for two blown type R's... Which is the purpose of this thing!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
The DB test was done with a thingy they stuck on the front windshield and you had i beleive 30-35 seconds to play what ever song you wanted. I make my own beats using Reason and a MIDI keyboard and my song was hella loud!!!

Silver Member
Username: Kpa2727

Post Number: 655
1, my type - r 12 ported would run circles around u and that fisher custom would do the same. cause i can almost bet u a type - r. ur running it in a logitech sealed box from best buy. 2ndly a blown type - r is hard to find cause thier that good of woofers. plus a type - r can be coned far as i know and u will not have someone part with it. plus shippin would run u at least 60 or more for weight. lastly if u blew them u clipped them to death and only way u achieved that number was by crankin it to death. now not knocking ur thread but just some word to the wise.

Silver Member

Post Number: 656
i meant to say q - logic not logitech.

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1316
this nigga got PWNED

Bronze Member
Username: Visitor

Middleofnowhere, Minnesota USA

Post Number: 93
Holy fu.ck... I live about 20 minutes away from Lacross, WI. thats odd.. didnt know that there were people that close to me!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Actually I wasnt using a BestBuy Box. You think you know everything. I built my own custom trunk box for the Intrepid. The subs had about 2CF each per side. It had a nice clean sound and was never distorted at all. I was using a cheap sony 4 channel amp, on kicker components in the front and rear. I had a great setup, i loved it, so no matter what you say, I know what I had and how it sounded.

Bronze Member
Username: Splfreak

Post Number: 31
dang guys
we cant be talking sht about this dude
i mean come on, hes probably a genius
he made his own *custom sealed enclosure*
and somehow he never had any distortion out of his subs (and to think, i always thought it was impossible)

it was a "great setup"
he had a SONY amp guys, probably the best that money can buy
and who needs alts or batts, everyone knows a 1 "farrat" capacitor is the real answer to our charging problems
to top it off, kicker components

sounds like this guy should have been going for some kind of SQ world record or somethin...

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1772
stop bashing this dude.....he had 2 12" sealed r's with components all around...i bet that sounded good....yea he had a sony amp...if it gave his comps the power they needed and they sounded good, then go gives a flying fluck.....

i built a custom sealed box for my car too, took a flucking long time and it sounds damn sweet bc its exactly to specs so if you ahvent seen his system and dont know him, dont talk at all....

a "custom" sealed box could be uncarpeted mdf or it could be fiberglass for all yuo know, keep talking though, really, we all enjoy your knowledge david

o yea and david, i have a stock alt, stock batt, no big three, and my system could probably whoop your azz as could other kids i know with no electrical upgrades

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 1...

Post Number: 5302
Shane,

Sorry to tell you man, but your lil idea is set to fail.

Unless BestBuy are complete and total morons...oh wait, they are...but nonetheless, ALL audio shops (that have half a brain) check serial #'s. Even on the lowest end, cheap subs and such...you always put the serial #'s into inventory and if an item comes back you bring the #'s up in your records to check.

Also, 2 R12's on 1300w in sealed boxes in a trunk...147.8dB...not a chance in hell on a real meter. Even if it was an AC meter, the sensitivity would have to have been way the fvk up.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
You must not know anything about subs because not one sub that I have owned has ever had a serial number imprinted on it. As long as the subwoofer is the same model and type, they dont know the difference. On record I have two type r's, so... if i take a type R there, how in the Heck are they suppose to know the difference.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1921
LMMFAO at saying "You must not know anything about subs", to Canaan....

Silver Member
Username: Spivey17323

Dunellen, New jersey United states

Post Number: 546
ummmmm... my type r's had serial numbers on them

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6289
your right, canaan is an idiot when i comes to car audio LOL

seriously shane, sorry to hear your subs were stolen, but yuor plan is destined to fail

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

North carolina

Post Number: 427
shane lancour,
you wouldn't happen to know anyone by the name of big harv would you?

lol

Silver Member
Username: Spivey17323

Dunellen, New jersey United states

Post Number: 549
lmfao

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 413
all i can say is wow....

let him try his theory...i think it'll work.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10356
You remind me of this guy lol.

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/computers/231529.html

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 1319
This nigga got PWNED TWICE

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10360
Wussup RayRay lol????

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6297
you a b1tch ray

:-)

Gold Member

Kansas

Post Number: 1322
wussup Paul? and yeah Yanks but dont you just love it

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 1...

Post Number: 5304
Well, if BestBuy is too stupid to check the serials...his plan will prolly work.

But most mainstream subs have both bar-codes and serials. All they would have to do is scan em.

We keep all serials on file at the shop I work for. The only subs we sell w/ no serials are Autotek's SS series subs...they are CHEAP.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12899
what year type r u looking for???

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5138
Shane,I'll get you 2 Type Rs that I'll blow personally but you have to paypal $360 because shipping is going to cost $330.Let me know.

Bronze Member
Username: Lord_victor

Post Number: 32
actually i did the swap at best buy... i got 2 for free from a friend 1 of em blew so i went to best buy bought 1 full price which is like 90 bucks + a warranty so i took in my blown sub and basically got a free sub they didnt even check the serial they just glanced to see if it was there so his plan just might work, it worked for me

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 689
147 is possible.. i hit a 145.0 with two ROCKFORD FOSGATE 12's in a sealed box the other day. im sure i could get another db if i wanted to..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1047

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 690
lol okay

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1625
david allen coe omg......... that dude is trife the real one..... LOL
but yeah 148 dbs with 2 type rs is highly unlikely LOL......maybe he didnt mean to right the 1 in front of 48Dbs HAH AHAHHAHAAH

and ray ray you shuld be like tha man on "dont be a menace " that deliverd mail

or the guy on Mortal combat dat said "woooopppsiii" HA HA HA H AQH AHHHHHHAHHHAHHH

u guys ar hilarious

Silver Member

Post Number: 661
for the record victor j i wanna know where u got the 90 dollar best buy type - r ? i've never seen even a infinity woofer that cheap in a best buy.

lastly Shane give it a rest cause u can glue and screw 4 maybe 6 pieces of wood together doesn't make u a car audio god who will wind up in Guinness world records book. u come to a place to help u rip off a best buy cause u got ripped. think about it a bit. you had to brag, u had to tell someone and u had to be careless to have your woofers stolen from a dodge intrepid. it's not a Bentley in a walmart parking lot asking to be stolen or looked in. if u want i will take a pic of every woofer i own and show u serials on every single one even down to a cheap azz 8 year old 6 inch radio shack optimus sub. you are in a league of your own go home lick your wounds and buy some fi or re's or even some btl's then come back and complain for some blown one's to trade in but don't come in on the type- r band wagon claiming wild azz numbers and tarnishing a well known thing cause you want to cheat the system. god knows I've done my fair share of cheating stores on things that i got screwed on but it was never like u want to do and i did it on my own time. so just like everyone else i'm sure agrees you want to go eff best buy over have a ball but do it on your own time don't waste ours. i gave my reasons and you know why so that's all good luck to u but don't clog forums with this junk.

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 918
Well said Keith.

And I'm still laughing at when he said that Canaan must not know anything about subs.

Bronze Member
Username: Lord_victor

Post Number: 33
oh it wasnt a type r i got it was a cheap kenwood 99.00 actually+15.00 for a warranty i paid for with a gift card i got from my high school

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3609
lmao i hit 148.9db when i ripped a.ss a minute ago

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5151
This thread shouldn't exist and the original poster should just forget about buying a blown type R for 15 bucks.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3611
Y rob? even if u can make a hybrid with a R its not worth it.... so if sum1 had a blown sub and he offers to pay shipping rather then using it as a paper weight or trash.. selll it? they dont have serial numbers on those subs so they cant tell it was swapped

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 295
ebay is a beautiful thing...

Silver Member

Post Number: 669
Upload

now smile and drop it u been pwned.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts