Couple of Questions....

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6256
alrite guys, still in the planning stages of my next set-up. right now i am thinking 2 15's sealed. but thanks to having a small as sh1t car, it might have to do something different. assuming i find out that i can fit a 5 cuft box in my trunk, im gonna do 2 15" Fi Q's sealed. with that said, i have a few questions....
1) how would the SSA Icon compare to the Q? has anyone heard one or know much about it? also how do these subs do sealed?
2) anyone know much about DC Sounds Lab? Im looking at the level 4 but dont know much. anyone know if these do well sealed and know of a relative price? (i emailed the guy already a couple hours ago)
3) lets just assume i can fit a 5 cuft box in there, probably wishful thinking, which would you chose, 1 15 ported, 2 15's sealed, 2 12's ported?
4) anyone know of a release date of the new Mag?
btw, all set-ups will be getting around 2500rms
thanks

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1909
I asked about the difference in the Q and Icon over on SSA about a month ago. Here is the response.

"To be honest, the ICON and the Q will do pretty similar. The ICON can play a little deeper, the Q a little louder and a little more power handling. Both are great choices for high power SQ subs."

Also the Specs are near identical.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6258
thanks bud for that

and yea, the specs are damn near the same thats what caught my eye with the icon....so im gonna assume the icon would do well sealed? would i be correct with that?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1910
yes

Silver Member
Username: Talon01

12 audioque 2.5 144.8 ..., Pa Usa

Post Number: 145
from what i remember the dc will do well in a small box but not sure on the sealed part of it
you may wait a while on a return email from rusty
and they are not cheap

Silver Member

Post Number: 146
my quote was 389 for lv3 2-10s supposed team price

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

IA, DP RD

Post Number: 2052
1) honestly i'd go with an icon over the Q. just like stated the Q has more power handling but thats about it. the icon is a mini mag. comparable to mag except power handling. sick sub.
2)i've never even seen a dc sound lab product so cant attest to its performance.
3)i'd do 2 15s sealed w/out a doubt.
4)they have tested a total of 5 prototypes. the old school pictures u see all over the internet that say "new mag" are total BS that was like the 2nd prototype they tested. they are above and beyong that now. only thing i can tell you is the testing process requires them to play a single 15 at full excursion on 2800 watts for 15 mins for them to even consider releasing it as a woofer. according to SI this will be a fvucking beast. i'd expect release date to be 2 months from now.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6260
alrite thanks scott. and i mite be misreading it but you mean for 2 10" lvl 3's, it cost $389 total or a piece?

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6261
JK, thanks for that info bud. i was just reading a thread on CA about the new MAG and it sounds like its gonna be incredible....it didnt have a release date but if it is 2 months, thats awesome timing cause thats gonna be when ill be buying all this.

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
yes and total

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6262
ok thanks bud....

Gold Member

IA, DP RD

Post Number: 2053
can u send me that thread?

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6263
here ya go bud

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=260400

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Money man, blowin

Post Number: 2911
woot! my thread

Gold Member

IA, DP RD

Post Number: 2054
maybe we could trade threads of the woofer i'll be buying in the near future...

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=252738&page=18

notice in i think the 2nd to last page theres a pic of the 21"

Gold Member

Post Number: 1911
I dont even have to look at that thread to know you are talking about the Death Penalty..

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6264
didnt even notice that was your thread reece lol

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6265
good news....i talked to some people on the scion forum and a couple people told me that 4.5 cuft is possible and some people have fit 5 cuft.....so it looks like 2 15's sealed is possible

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6269
well rusty just emailed me back and said the subs arent meant for sealed :-(

i was very happy seeing the prices tho....they werent as high as i was expecting, werent really high at all.....considering doing 2 12's ported

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6278
another question

how do havocs do sealed?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us