OT: Laptop

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 677
i'm looking to buy a laptop.. i don't know what brands are good etc so i am asking you fcukers to help

it doesn't have to run high end games and crap but i will be holding a lot of music on it and files n such. wifi. lots of usb ports. at least 512mb ram.

anyways if anyone has some an idea of something..

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1304
i just bought a compaq last saturday and i love it i'm using it at the moment

Silver Member

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 678
and no apple bs

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 576
Dude, your getting a Dell!

Haha, had to say it for some reason...

anyway, I don't know a whole lot about laptops, but ive got a Sony Vaio and it runs pretty decent with music. Works good with my Ipod/MP3 and cell phone memory card. Has it's occasional issues every now and then but, runs pretty smooth.

Ive got a friend who has a HP laptop and has issues all the time with it.

Overall, I think that with any product, everyone has their own personal choice in what they like.

Hope I helped in some way!

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2866
Toshiba hands down.

Silver Member

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 679
well ive never had one.. i already have like 3 diff anwsers. anyways i guess im just looking at everything and seeing what i can get the most for my money..

like this sony vaio.. cd/dvd rw, 2.0ghz processer, 1gb ram, 128mb vid card, 100gb hd and sd card ready. 698 + shipping
i guess i dont know how the wifi sht works.. is it built in?

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 578
on the Sony Vaio it is. on the right side of the laptop there is a awitch that you can turn on and off.

Silver Member

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 680
cool.. one more q since you guys own laptops

what about the battery life? is it annoying having to plug it in everywhere or do some of them last a long as s time?

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 579
On mine, my laptop will last around two hours if you have headphones on. If your blasting your music then prob an hour to hour and a half depending on what other applications you are running.

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1307
yeah same here if i have my music blasting it usually last me around an hour and a half

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 580
Either way, I usually always have my laptop plugged in because it really sucks when your battery dies when your in the middle of something. If you don't like doing that, then you should invest in a second battery so you can have a back up when ever your first battery is about to die. Then charge your dead battery while you use your second battery.

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 381
why do you not want a macbook? i have had 3 macbooks now. that makes it seem like i needed to get new ones or something but i didnt. my first one i droped and broke. so i got a new one. when i left for college my mom took my old one and bought me a new one.
anywho...the macbooks have a bunch of nice features. i mean yeah it has a complely different feel than your traditional laptop but if you get used to it im sure that you would like it. playing music the battery can last about 2.5 hours. if you are not into gaming then you could look into a regular macbook, but if you are into gaming then look into a macbook pro. i have 2 gig ram and 160 gig hard drive so it is pretty well equiped.
i guess i could go on but im in the process of writing a paper on how teaching is related to a persons economic an social class.
otherwise i say get an hp if you dont want a mac.

Silver Member

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 681

quote:

and no apple bs

Silver Member

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 582
I hate apple! Good call, lol

Silver Member

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 683
Im looking at a dell vostro 1500. looks like a descent one

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 215
i got a laptop i will sell you adn it's h3lla nice.....email me if interested it's a hp zd7180us my email is ptownboy420@hotmail.com and i will give u the stats of it

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 5106
i have the vostro 1500 jesse, its nice i like it, it is a little heavy and a little fat but i dont take it all over the place so it doesnt really matter.

Silver Member
Username: Luisdelbronx

Bronx, NY USA

Post Number: 191
Whats your budget? looking to buy new or used? if used i'de go with an ibm thinkpad t40 series...very reliable laptop.weighs about 4.9 lbs, Centrino (Penitum M, Built in Wifi, Gigbit Lan).. i own one and would recommend one to anyone looking for something light, decently powered, and reliable.

I say IBM because when i worked in the computer shop..we always sold ibms and they never came back due to problems..We had Hps come in for repair, compaqs, acers, toshibas, LOTS of Dells, a few viaos..but never an IBM.

The drawbacks of the ibms are Crappy speakers, Boring black squares (Thats what other people say, though i actually like it), only 2 usb ports and weak video cards and thats about it(though i get good framerates with Flight simulator 2004 with settings on high and med resolution which is a taxing game on your video card) so the video card isnt too bad.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3547
If you can flip the dime then I would say Dell XPS. Polo..

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3991
i bought a dell inspiron e1505 last yr and its been fine for me i got all the upgraded stuff for it and it works great with music and games only prob is my brother broke the disk reader lol

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2463
ive got a gateway tablet pc laptop. its pretty cool. i dont know any of the specs but it handles anything i throw at it. i think it is a centrino processor or something. those toshiba ones look realy nice though.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3257
Toshiba is pretty much the only good maker of laptops left....... HP and IBM used to be good, but they are made by chinese companies now. Dell has been trash for several years now, they used to be good a long time ago.

Silver Member

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 687
Upload
Upload
Upload

this is wut i did today..

Silver Member

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 688