This is bull@#%&!!!!!

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 15317
i was driving home from work and i got pulled over. i said to the officer "what seems to be the problem?"

he tells me 3 things.

1. i can't cover my front plate with a tint cover.
2. my exhaust is too loud.
3. he tells me to roll up my window so i did and he said the tint is too dark.

he gave me a warning for the front plate cover and the exhaust. i told him when i bought my greddy exhaust, it came with a certificate that says its legal in 50 states.

but what is bullsh!t is, he told me to roll up my window. can they do that? i mean if he saw my window first and i rolled it down i would understand. but my windows were down already. damn this sux. now i have to take the tint off and take it to court to have it inspected. :-(

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2895
how dark was the tint? cops wanna see inside.
Why would you tint the front plate? Cops wanna read that stuff.
and bring the certificate and install receit to court. Hes just breaking your dalls.

But thats not cool....

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1906
...did you know the tint was illegal? Do you still have the exhaust certificate?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 5103
i dont think they can make your roll up your window. you should have just told him sorry but its not working i cant get it up.

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

Post Number: 415
so he told you to roll the window down after he gave you the first two reasons?

not too sure if they can tell you to roll the window back up just to check to see if they can get you for something else...

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 727
damn, he musta had a bad day. what a dick.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2897
"not too sure if they can tell you to"

"i dont think they can make you"

cops can do whatever they want to do to you. the courts decide if it was right or wrong for them to do it..
You lucky you werent stunngunned

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3535
It doesn't work that way, he can ask anything he wants. He meantioned the other things before the window tint just to let you know he already had your @ss for other reasons. By doing this he now has probable cause and can ask you to do what ever he wants, sure you can refuse and he can impound your car.. You were lucky, you should have peeled it right in front of him , like they use to make us do in the good old days, ask Paul, lOl.. Polo. :-O

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 353
lol wow dat sux but i know in some states its illegal to even have the driver and passenger windows tinted

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1752
yea for sure polo

down in nashville my uncle told us to be careful in my moms car bc if the cops pull ya over, they'll just hand ya a razor blade...then give you a ticket....

just take your plate off...in ohio, if there isnt a spot for it you dont have to have it (but if the dealer puts screws in your front bumper, ya gotta have one)

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 15318
he did tell me i can do light tint. currently i have medium tint.

well the front plate cover will come off quick. but my tint. lol.

also he gave me a warning for the exhaust. that means at the court, the inspector will decide whether its okay or not. i have to look for the certificate. :-(

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3537
Damn it Chad, you know the only reason why they were fcking with you was right? They heard all Asians were all balls and no d!ck, cops being the biggest d!cks of them all figured they had you! :-O Polo...

Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12257
Upload

j\k ....

well thats the law - here in my country some ppl tint even the front windscreen ...if a licence officer catches u they make u remove it ...no charge since they give u a chance but ppl just go right back & retint it as it was b4 ....

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

IA, DP RD

Post Number: 2034
"You lucky you werent stunngunned"

lmfao

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 1889
"sorry but its not working i cant get it up."

is that what you tell the ladies mat?

polo...W...T....F....is that?

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3540
"polo...W...T....F....is that?"

Obviously my depiction of all Asian Men, j/k Polo.. :-O

Silver Member

Post Number: 424
you're lucky you weren't in williamson county in texas, they would have just shot you.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 5105
haha pit i knew someone would comment on that when i posted...

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5113
Haha,I had another run in with the law as well Chad.I was testing my friends amp using the RCA cables from my head unit while the amp was in his car and I was double parked.I made the cops all nervous and they had their hands on their guns cause I kept f ucking with the install lol.His amp is f ucked but the 3 squad cars were there as I messed with it lol.The cop kept telling me to stop :-) If I were him I would have shot me.That's the 3rd incident within a weeks span where I was being interrogated by the PO'lice. :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Dastunna

Post Number: 19
7 Magic words: I do not consent to a search....

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2862
They are supposed to use a light sensor that they hold on the inside of your window to measure how much percent of light makes it through but alot of them pretty much know by looking if it will pass and don't bother. You could bring this up in court but then they will measure for sure. They have a dislike for pretty much everyone that uses tint and aftermarket parts on their cars in Cali because most of the people that they arrest fit that description. Cash, Winchell's gift certificates, and being white are the only semi-guarantees with cops.

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1303
explaine to me Winchell's gifts certificates seeing as im low on cash and being white is out of the question lol

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2864
Winchells = major Cali donut chain.

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 433
they didn't search, and if your windows are open, the can claim probable cause b/c they "smelled something" or "something seemed suspicious" like your school backpack....

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 2865
A cops 7 magic words in response to Cory:

"Get the fuck on the ground motherfucker".

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 645
that lisense plate thing is dumb. both my front and back have that tinted stuff on them and when i got pulled over for music being too loud, he never said anything about that

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10316
Yeah I hear ya Polo lol. Every time I had to put my camaro through inspection I pulled up with the windows down. For 3 straight years they never caught on. Then some dumbshit told me to roll them up. I failed.

If it makes you feel any better Chad, and it won't, but I failed inspection one year because the tire pressure was a tad low in one of my tires. Another year I failed because I had those blue tinted headlights. My Buick regal failed because of a loose power steering wheel pully belt. It made a nasty screeching noise when under stress. My state sucks.

I'd move but Jersey has an exit tax that prevents you from leaving the state when you sell your house and move elsewhere. Also my ex has my little girl here.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6268
ouch sorry to hear that chad....i wish you luck getting everything figured out

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3992
lol paul my car was doing that also with the squeeling i couldnt figure out wat it was for a long time i thought it was the other belt then i thought it was the power steering pump then i got that went to change it and figured it out its all cause of the bs way a eclipse is setup lol.

but chad that sux but wat kind of greddy exhaust do u have i have a evo 2 on my eclipse

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1756
hate to sound like an azzhole but this is when its kinda nice to be a white teenager in the burbs...

i can tint my windows as dark as i like, blast my system, be ignorant as hell if i want, and the cops will do nothing...

however i was at a car audio shop (10 minutes towards downtown from my house) talking to this black lady, and she said cops will sit the people there for 30 minutes checking every single thing on their car...tint, exhaust, hell she said the cops have ripped her husbands power wire and rca's out before....

may sound like an azzhole statement, but if a cop decided to lay a finger on my system...i'd tell him straight up to stop flucking touching it, he isn't legally allowed to do that...granted i wouldn't do anything physical, bc hed whip me on the ground faster than i'd know what to do, but i would raise hell

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 435
paul, that's how I used to get past my inspections in my f-150, I had 5% but I'd just leave the windows down when I brought it in.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us