RD and FI

Silver Member
Username: Zero43

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 218
I'm trying to decide what manufacturer to buy from I was going to go with RD especially since when I get to the place I am moving to their shop is right down the street but I haven't heard them mentioned much as of late.
I was originally going to go for one 15" sub but that could still change.

I was offered a 15" sql Super heavyweight for $700 but after reading around I may go with an alpha since the heavywieghts aren't made anymore and even worse I'm interested in the Bls or even the BTLs. I do know that price wise one 15" btl will be nearly have as much as the SHW but would they even be considered in the same class? If not which of RD's subs would be?

In case you are wondering what I am looking for is a SQL sub most likely geared more to SPL that has a pretty linear response and can reach higher bass ranges(65hz- about 90Hz). I will be used as a daily driver but I would like to have to ability to use the sub for pure spl if I do decide to compete with it. Power wise I between 3k and 4k watts max.

Any suggestions would be very helpful or comments would be very helpful.

Silver Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

SSD Wangin, Shawano, Wis... USA

Post Number: 967
www.ficaraudio.com

Silver Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 219
I've looked at both websites before and emailed both ben and kevin before. To me RD offers more options for customization and especially on the HW and SHW although it is reflected in price

Here's another question how do the btl and alpha (or spl elite) compare as far as spl and sq.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2435
im not about the btl looking at it nd from what people have said its a darn good woofer. but the alpha 15 v.2 i own. (looking to sell) lol but i did a 149.7 with them with 2k each. they took that power with o problem, didnt get warm or anything. they also sound damn good as well. i was playing throw it up by lil jon at 149 dbs as well. kinda wishi would have pushed them harder in the spl comp. but they are a damn good woofer and probably the best ive owned so far.

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1712
BTL does not play upper frequencies well. if your look for upper bass around that 70 hz region look at an alpha or a Q. if budget isnt a problem have RD design a SHW that is built for your application. (high power, high frequency bass)

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 592
Enclosure will make the difference. I'd go with the BTL- price and dependability are there. One BTL on 4krms would be plenty loud and sound pretty good in a daily driver if tuned properly.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1890
How about an LMS Ultra from audiopulse(TC)?

Silver Member
Username: Denim

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 472
Price and performance >> BTL

Silver Member

Fort gordon, Georgia USA

Post Number: 220
I'm leaning more towards best performance overall price isn't that big of an issue

Silver Member

Post Number: 597
Personally I'd chose the BTL- sounds great and takes 4krms without a hitch. Performance is there. If you want something to play 70hz+ upgrade your midrange, otherwise you'll be sacrificing sq.

I was reading your original comment, do you mean 3-4k watts RMS- or max like you stated? Meaning between 1500-2000rms? Thanks.

Silver Member

Fort gordon, Georgia USA

Post Number: 222
3k-4k rms what I was referring to is the maximum amount of rms that I will be using depending on what amp I decide to get

Silver Member

Post Number: 600
Ok. Yeah, unless it's for spl only I wouldn't worry about the sub playing 70hz up, it shouldn't really be anyway.

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 1126
Hunter, why are you selling?

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

IA, DP RD

Post Number: 2069
dd 95/99 or btl would be my choice. plenty of ppl can tell you how well the fully loaded btl can hndle 4k. troy and chad send theres 4k daily w/ no problems. i sent mine 3k for a few and had no problems. i'd personall go with dd tho.

Gold Member
Username: Mike11202

DD9515G VFL 200.1 = : , Sewell, NJ US

Post Number: 1045
DD 9515g /thread

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2465
well not sure if i am any more. i like them too much. plus it seems they are hard to sell and im not gonna give em away for free. but i needed some more cash to upgrade subs. but i think i got it taken care of. and i decided to start a collection lol. alphas xxx i think a hdc will be next plus my stuff from rd. oh and a tc sound oem 10 from ctmike. but i say either way alpha or btl would be a great way to go. and im sure you could talk to an rd dealer and et a good deal on an alpha shw may be a lil much for daily

Silver Member

Fort gordon, Georgia USA

Post Number: 223
I was actually thinking of going with one 15" shw or two 12" alphas I'm a little more inclined to get an rd they keep saying I shoul just go with a shw plus i'll have the chance to hear both of them in person which is wht I started this thread because I probably won't get a chance to even see any of fi's subs I do have an re se sub right now and it has surprised everyon who has heard it even me with only 600 rms and a box that isn't tuned for it

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1353
The Alpha and BTL are somewhat in the same class, for price anyways and for output. The Alpha and BTL are very close in terms of output but the Alpha has the better SQ. We have someone running a RF T4000 on a single Alpha 15 and doing just fine. Of course we don't recommend it, but you know how it is.

Kevin

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1354
"Price and performance >> BTL"

So denim, when did you hear an RD Alpha/SHW to know this?

Kevin

Silver Member

Post Number: 611
I will say that my BTLs have taken all the abuse I could give them, and sound great. I couldn't be happier.

Silver Member

Fort gordon, Georgia USA

Post Number: 226
Is there anyone that has heard the both the btl and the alpha or elite.

What is rd's web address I thought was rdauio.com but I keep getting taken somewhere else other than that site

Silver Member

Post Number: 613
I've heard both. I heard a wall of 6 (may have been 8) 12" elites (pretty sure they were elites) in his s-10. Guy hit 147 and change, don't remember the amp (RD something). They sounded good, and loud. I hit 150 and change in the back of my yukon with my 2 btl 18s at the same show, and they sound good too. I will most likely be listening to the alpha sometime next week or so (show the 4th), but I own BTLs for a reason.

Silver Member

Fort gordon, Georgia USA

Post Number: 227
well let me know how the alphas sound you'll probably see them before i will i won't be ab;e to check them out for a couple weeks when i get over to fort benning.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5143
I'd go with the Alpha personally because of issues that I'd rather not get into right now about Fi.I have heard that the BTLs do get loud and sound good though.I've never heard anyone say they sound "Great" as Troy said lol.I'm sure someone up at World Finals will have some BTLs for me to hear personally.

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 440
rdaudio.NET

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1359
Troy, are you in the South Carolina area? If so, that was a wall of Classic 12's on a single 1750.1 in a Silverado. From my knowledge, we have no one running a wall of Elites, only Classics. Let me know.

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1753
i love my alpha .. im running it on 1500 watt .. 3.6 cubes to 32 hz with around 70 inches of port ... good sq .. gets loud as all hel1 .. excels in every type of music ..

burped it on and off for an hour took it like a champ ... RD products are top notch

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 442
Mike, you have a 15"?

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2481
alphas sound great and get orety damn loud. im right at 150 (149.7) with 2 15s 2k a piece and can also play music at 149s as well. lol. it was actually gabe sanchez that metered my car too. lolhe was impressed. he told me i should bass race with them. alpha v.2 ftw

Silver Member

Post Number: 616
Kevin, I stand corrected then. I thought it was elites, but I'm in SC, so that's probably it. Hunter, would you feel good on the power handling of those subs giving them twice the power?

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2482
actually i think i would. and ill proly thursday i will. with two k and in 10cu ft they took the power at .5 ohms no problem actually i could/should have pushed them harder at my comp. (i turned my volume up from 46 to 49 and gained a 1.5 dbs) and playing music they hardly had any excursion. i aint afraid to blow em. lol

Silver Member

Fort gordon, Georgia USA

Post Number: 228
kevin how many shw's have you sold so far?
you know i'd rather go with the heavyweight or even the alpha but why stop there when you don't really have to

Gold Member

Post Number: 1754
i have a 15 ...

doing a 145 db drab style

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1360
Troy, ya that is Evan. His alt was about dead at that comp as well. It can pull a 149 with that single 1750.1 :-)

Ron, I have sold about a hand full. Not too many, and most are for comps, like 1 MAYBE 2 for daily. They aren't bad daily subs at all. Snoopdan has 2 SHW 18's with 4 inch coils on a single Adessa 5000 rms amp and did a 151.9 at 35hz. Once he puts more power on them and gets the frequency up, he will be pretty loud.

I would like for you to hear Steve's Tahoe to help with your choice when you get to the area.

Kevin

Silver Member

Post Number: 624
Kevin, I thought he got a new powermaster? I know he's said he upgraded the battery? That's his name, I just couldn't remember off hand- I know him by havoc audio lol.

So what line would you compare to the BTL? The alpha, Omega, or HW?

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3612
15" sql Super heavyweight

SPL

SQL is the Alpha

DD9515! or 9518 ;)

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Post Number: 6864
man search around and look for a used re audio mt that will be your best choice ;) also a ascendant audio havoc will do the job nicely and less expensive and achiving same and and better if u know how to tweak it

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2497
oooooh omega! im getting one lol. sooner or later. =/ and a btl lol

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1361
The Alpha is in the same output line as a BTL, but has better SQ. The Omega, Heavyweight V2, and Super Heavyweight are straight mean machines.

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6322
.......whats an omega?

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1363
The Omega is a new SQL driver coming out soon. RD will be using the new basket which will give a 50mm one way movement, and offer a 10 inch spyder. The sub will be rated at 4000 rms :-)

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5259
release date and price? and what sizes will it be available in?

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6328
^^word.....any pics?

Bronze Member
Username: Teamrevolution

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 99
Omega will be coming before the end of 2007.

I think you would be a good canidate for the new heavyweight. We have Made the SHW our official SPL subwoofer. The new Heavies will offer a t-yoke in the same look as the Alpha V.2 but larger in Dia. If you want 3-4k RMS all day long tuned to 32-35hz and GREAT SQL thats the subwoofer you want. They have a huge flat wind Coil. We are not offering this subwoofer to our dealers until Nov. but we have about 11 open slots for guys to receive a promotional price on them. We are looking for guys with 3-4k and a good electrical system to promo them. We have them available in 10/12/15/18" models. They offer a FS in the low 30's. To be able to be one of the guys who get this promotion you have to be willing to take pictures of install and a vid or two for our new website that is coming in NOV. With this limited promotion you will receive a LOW price in return for promotion.

Otherwise we can build you a Alpha with a flat wind also that will make it a 2500w RMS subwoofer.

If you want REALLY, REALLY CRAZY SQL I got you covered. Give us a call at 770-726-9337 and ask for Steve Miller and ill get you on the list for this promotion.

Bronze Member

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 100
Upload
Upload
Upload

OMEGA THAT IS R&D soon to be the KING!!!!

Silver Member

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 101
since these drawings we have made the magnet slugs 1.25" tall each so 2.5" x 9.5" worth of magnet. We have also added a block to have 2 positives and two negitives on each coil. The spiders will be black and the cone will be black, a kevlar layer on top with a checker type paddern

Silver Member

ATX, Texas

Post Number: 448
sexy.....

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2502
haha im going to own like every sub made y rd lol woop woop!

Silver Member

Fort gordon, Georgia USA

Post Number: 229
steve I pm'd it's a little long
how is the omega going to fit in the lineup wow just when I thought I had my mind made up on shw something new comes up lol
well tell me this between the two of what do you think the best sql sub(or spl sub with the best sq) that rd has to offer before years end

Silver Member

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 107
new heavy will be a bone crusher and have great SQL

Gold Member

Post Number: 1757
steve im loving the look of the omega ...

im loving the alpha ... its great all around woofer

Silver Member

Fort gordon, Georgia USA

Post Number: 230
so your suggesting I just go with that one
shoot some prices at me I'll admit price was of no concern before but now i'm getting quite a bit anxious to try one of them before getting my bonus money

Silver Member

Fort gordon, Georgia USA

Post Number: 231
what do you estimate box vol to be for the new heavy and the omega

Silver Member

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 110
ron send your phone number to revolutiondaudio@yahoo.com and i will contact u tomarrow

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5262
still waiting for the price.

Silver Member

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 111
it will retail around 799.00 a 15" for the omega

Silver Member

Fort gordon, Georgia USA

Post Number: 233
I can send it to but I won't answer i'm on my 2nd (and not the last) 20 hour brigade duty I won't be answering the phone for anyone of the rest of the week anything you tell me will be forgotten right after I go back to sleep

Silver Member

Fort gordon, Georgia USA

Post Number: 235
4 more hours......

do you have an estimate on the price of the new heavywieghts when they do come out

Silver Member

Fort gordon, Georgia USA

Post Number: 236
Steve-
What price will the new heavyweights be going for once prod. models are distrbuted. I'd like to get a promo model but I don't if
I'll be able to make out there being in the military makes planning a little difficult.

If you can send me an email I don't know if any of you tried to call me but that is the best way to contact me
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us