A question that has been plaguing my mind!

Silver Member
Username: Dannyboyy

O/S Power!!!!, i lo... USA

Post Number: 461
I have a a/d/s/ 642csi and for people who dont know what this is(which is probably everyone) it is a 6 way electronic cross over similar to the one from audio control. it has the built in chips that you can remove and yaddy yaddy yadda. It still has the orgininal chips that came with it, because the after market ones for the 642 are nearly impossible to find, because they do not make thees anymore and havn't for over 10 years. ok so The sub is crossed over @ 100hz and my front and back speakers are crossed over @ 170 hz. now does this mean i am losing frequencies @ 100-170?
it seems like it but i decided to ask everyones input.

Bronze Member
Username: Sqhoe

Huntington, IN USA

Post Number: 50
Those are the frequencies that the speakers start to roll off. They will play slightly beyond those settings, but yes, there will be a gap in reproduction.

Silver Member

Post Number: 462
will i notice the difference if i get a different crossover because i have had 3 subs with that crossover and all seem to sound "off" and they dont seem to blend very well. and i do not want towant to spend another $100 if its not going to make a difference.

Silver Member

Post Number: 463
bump

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 719
if your amp or your h/u has a crossover, try that then see if that's why it sounds off maybe.

Silver Member

Post Number: 464
my amp doesnt have a crossover but i just got my HU and still figuring it out, but i had a McIntosh HU before this one and it still sounded off. and the Mcintosh did not have a built in crossover
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us