Fixed the stripped screw now more of a problem help?

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 708
ok i was removing the stripped allen screw on my amp for the 12V slot and i took everybodies advice on here that gave me and i drilled it out and it worked but now the problem is now the hole is to big to replace it. i took the allen screw from the ground wire slot just to see if it would fit and i can start to screw it in but then it just falls all the way through i cant even secure the wire now what can i do to fix this

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 709
you drilled it out too big. you can probably just re tap it. you could probably find a tut. fairly easily with google.

Silver Member
Username: Hgihkcin

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 271
get a self tapping screw at the hardware store, bring in your amp and show them how big the hole is they will hook u up

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 709
so i can just use a self tappin screw and it will work just as good. would i wanna screw it all the way through or just until it touches the wire

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 711
just as far as you need to. make sure it's flat on the tip (like a regular bolt, not like a wood screw).

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 710
why would it matter?

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 666
so it has more surface area pushing down the wire to the amp's terminal. if it has a skinny tip its not going to hold the wire very well..

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 711
ok i used a regular self tappin screw and it works great thanks a lot for the advice
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us