Dream setup destroyed. Need Help

Silver Member
Username: Quirky

SA, Texas

Post Number: 134
I just went by a local audio store to see if they would build me a box for a Q15. They looked at my car (landcruiser) and told me I can't have my 15 facing forwards or towards the back. Now im stuck with my Ed Nine.1 (900rms @ 2Ohm) with no subs besides my two old Fi Xs being wired at 4 Ohm. I really need some advice on what sub combination of one to two 12s I can get in a price range of ~250-500$ but will still be able to run my amp at 2 Ohms. (sound quality matters)

Thanks 4 the help and time,
Ben

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5050
What makes your vehicle not able to run a 15 facing backwards or forwards?Can you take pics of the space you have to work with?

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 135
theres a third row that i use often. ill c if i can get some pics. I was told the only way i could do it would be to have the subs facing upwards.

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1588
Are you trying to get rid of the Xs?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3556
i take if they are saying you don't have the clearance for the box.. if you can't fit 16" going into it you can't fire your 15" that way..

.. unless you slant the box which they probably did not mention lol

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 136
if i find subs that i can run at 2 Ohms yes, ill prob sell my X's.

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 137
Upload

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 138
Upload

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1590
Just for reference, do you have any idea approx how much you would be selling for if it came down to it?

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1591
Hmmmm...I would think you would be able to fit a box back there for your Q. That's suprising to me...

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5223
pair of idq' would be nice, and under $500 shipped. or a single idmax. there's also a 12" oz matrix elite for sale on ca.com. very nice sub and it's only $195 shipped, bnib (from a dealer).

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 139
not much. honestly i don't think i would sell them online because of the history they have had. I bought them cheap bc some guy riped me off selling me one broken. It was a simple connection problem on the terminals so i repaired it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3558
must of been a sh!t audio shop cuz you've got plenty of room there :-)

i'd just flush the sub in where it mounted to make sure it to slap the back.. then flush the rest of the box with the hatch

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 140
jack, what do u mean by flushing the sub where it mounted?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3559
recessing the area of the box where the sub will be.. the rest could be flush with the hatch.. this just to save more box volume with your given area...

or just slim the box a tad to allow for the excursion unless you've got plenty of room with that size box.. and just make it bigger accordingly

Gold Member

Post Number: 3560
either or leave one of those seats folded down and run it firing in.. would not have to worry about the sub slapping anything then :-)

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 141
nice idea. thanks jack

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Money man, blowin

Post Number: 2893
did those fi.x not get insanely muffled when you closed the hatch? i honestly wouldnt run it unless it was facing up... just do that it's just the same

Gold Member
Username: Theweasel

2 12 FI SSD, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 1100
gid rid of the backseat no one likes to sit there anyway.

Bronze Member
Username: Imi4tth3w

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 91
seriously ben who sits in your backseat anyways? just take it out and then put the middle row down. get nice and comfy with the college ladies.. heh but really what shop did you take it to and they told you it wasn't possible? cause i doubt they have any good places in kerville.

why don't you just call me haha

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 142
Bradshaw- haha ya, they were somewhat decent. I talked car audio for about two hours. They told me they were one of the first to get "Total Mobile Audio" after JL bought it.

Im thinking of just getting a box made for the X's and facing them upwards(like Reece said). I just feel frustrated buying that amp specifically for the FiQ15 and now I'm under powering my X's.

Bronze Member
Username: Imi4tth3w

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 93
are you gonna port the x's or keep em sealed? cause keeping them sealed seems pointless if your getting a new box.?

Bronze Member
Username: Crossfired

Post Number: 42
I put a box in a 01 LC with two 12' and there could have been pleanty of space for a 15! could still use the third row seats.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us