Somebody please tell me WTF just happend

Bronze Member
Username: Mark872

2 Type X 12s, Hughes S..., Texas

Post Number: 95
Alright i was driving kinda fast and had my music all the way down and i took a pretty sharp turn. And when i did my headlights kind flickered and i heard a poping noise..didnt think nothin of it. well i turned my music up and only one sub was working...i pulled over and popped the trunk and one of my subs wasnt playin any music at all and was making a winding noise. I wiggled the rca and power wires around thinkin maybe they just came a lil loose..but nothin...its kinda late and its rainin right now so would anyone know what could have happend??

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1456
maybe one of your subs wires came loose.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
thats what i was thinkin but dont know why it would be making that winding sound. And makes it pop when i turn my CD player on and off

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2423
check the rcas and ground on your deck

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 584
I'd see if anything came loose at the amp(s). Is any of your equipment not bolted down so it can slide?

Silver Member
Username: Press1

Yuba City, CA USA

Post Number: 223
I had the same thing with the lights happen in my caddy...the positive battery cable going to the amp had rubbed through on the chassis and caused the regulator to short out and it dosed the amps with too much voltage and killed one of my componants...not my sub, but still the same...could be the same???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
I wont be able to take the sub out and look at it tomorrow...but when i have my cd player on..the sub thats making the winding noise is pushed all the way to the back...like its locked in place or something..and it wont move even if you push on it...i disconnected the wires from the amp to that speaker and it mad a popping noise and went back to place. But i havnt reconnected them back yet..kinda scared too. God i hope i just didnt f@ck it up

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OKLAHOMA

Post Number: 654
sounds like a short when some shiit movedf around and one of your subs is fukked.

Gold Member
Username: Theweasel

2 12 FI SSD, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 1098
i've thought i've killed my subs so many times its not funny but they still work, so there is hope for you mark

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
god i hope its ok..i cant afford to to go out and get a new sub right now. what i still dont get is that i had my music all the way down when this happend..

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 2425
sounds like a messed up vc.

Bronze Member
Username: Thunderb

Post Number: 45
yeah if its locked back its the voice coil shorting out . Go ahead and plan on buying one cause that sub is toast.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
I just took it out..and it was just the wires to the to the speaker came loost and was touching each other...it workin fine now..but 3 screws holding the sub in were broke when i took it out...wtf??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us