Anyone have experience with JL subs/enclosures?

Silver Member
Username: Palanza

Post Number: 159
Well, I think we all know you can find things out there louder for less than the price of JL audio things, but I'm just wondering what anyones opinion is of the JL Audio HO112R-W7

Thats the W7 inside one of their High Output enclosures. Does the HO Enc really make that much of a difference?

Better off getting something else for the 780$ that that sub and box costs?

.. or is it really worth it?

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

North carolina

Post Number: 396
i really like JL but if its worth that much i dont know. W7 is notorious for getting loud and still keeping great SQ. but yes the HO boxes are the best/easiest option for JL's subs

Silver Member

Post Number: 160
Bah, this is tricky. Baisically I'm trying to determine the best setup to put in a Nissan 350z. Obviously space is somewhat of an issue. I'll be using a 1000/1 JL Amp I figure - and I think I can get by with 12's. Hm, should I consider (2) 12 W6v2's instead? I've heard that it will perform better. Issue there is they do not have a H.O. box from JL that takes two subwoofers. I'd have to use a prowedge.

So I guess, 12W7 in a H.O. Box vs (2) 12 w6v2's in a prowedge box. Any ideas?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Post Number: 6833
dude theres a ho box that holds 2 subwoofers but they come with 2 w3a u can talk maybe with a dealer to sell you that box plus 2 w6 instead of the w3s

Silver Member

Post Number: 162
Hm, but I wonder if that double H.O. box is specifically designed just for w3's instead of w6's?

Silver Member
Username: Loudblazer

El reno, Ok

Post Number: 238
W7's are good subs, but deffiently not worth the price!

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 2669
get a 13 and port it.... or get the HO 12 w7... i ahve had both and the highoutput 12 is better than the 13 sealed

Platinum Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10426
the HO enclosure 12w7 are a very nice pair, they get loud and retain excellent SQ. Off the 1000/1 I would go with a 13w7 in a HO enclosure if I were you.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 1162
James i dont think they make HO for 13w7 only for 12w7. If you have the money do it you will be happy. if your trying to save money there other options.

Bronze Member
Username: Kober

Post Number: 45
I've had a 12 and 13. sound unreal both sealed.

Silver Member

Post Number: 163
Alright, so I've narrowed it down to two options:

One 12w7, HO enclosure, and a 1000/1

OR

Two 12 W6v2's on a 1000/1 in a JL general matching ported box.

That costs roughly the same, any suggestions which will perform better for the money? Obviously the W7 and the 1000/1 will leave room for upgrading someday further. Any more suggestions?

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 2671
id get the 12w7 in a HO..but the w6s have better SQ maybe
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us