JL W2s

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1703
I've got a buddy who might want me to put a system in his car...right now he's got a friend or somethin thatll sell him 2 12" JL W2's in a box. They're only rated at like 125 rms. Anyone know much about em. Reason for these is a small budget...Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 37
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/pdfs/8-12W2_BDS.pdf

here's specs...

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 271
Link doesnt work. But there prob W0's. 2 of my friends have w0's (2 10"s and 2 12"). They dont get too loud, but have good sq. They are in sealed boxes though too. When they are pushed, they still sound tight and clear.

Silver Member

Post Number: 272
How much does this guy want for them? My friend has 2 of them chillin in his basement he's tryin to sell. there 12"s and are in great shape.

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

Post Number: 395
if they're 125rms they're w0s or w1s, I think the rms on the w2s is like 150 or 200. I don't know how 2 would sound, but I had 3 w0s in a sealed box and they sounded pretty good, got loud, but alot of distortion.

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 2666
cal who are u talking about?

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 1704
theyre 125 rms, and yes theyre w2's, not 1's or 0's, they made w2's......and yea i saw those specs but was wondering if anyones heard em or how good they are yadda yadda

wants 100 for 2 12s plus box

Silver Member

Post Number: 273
I think this is right... W0-125rms, W1-150rms, W2-200rms. My friends w0's sound crispy and hit suprizingly low theives. If they are in good condition, Id go for it. Then tell us how they sound.

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 1706
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/pdfs/8-12W2_BDS.pdf

this link works

Silver Member

Post Number: 399
they never hit quite low enough for me, but all the other freqs performed well, but like I said, when I got em loud, there was a lot of distortion, it took me getting a different system to realize how much distortion there actually was. Not saying they aren't good subs for the money, I liked em. Just took up too much space.

cal, they must have lowered the rms rating cause the w1s were 150rms, and the w0s were 125rms, I'm pretty certain the w2s are/were 150+rms.
sure he isn't lying about which line they are?

Gold Member

Cleveland

Post Number: 1714
its possible, he doesnt know much about audio, but has a "buddy" who will give him a deal, you know how that goes...

did the subs get pretty loud on 300 rms? haha "loud" for 300 rms?

Silver Member

Post Number: 403
he is prob lying, cause I know when they discontinued the w0s, which are 125rms, they gave the w1s 150rms.

I had three in a sealed enclosure on a 500w rf. They got loud, but I was overpowering them slightly. Originally I had two, in seperate truck boxes, but then got another and put em in a box together. I liked the three alot more than the two though. That's for sure.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us