FI Q Box help

Bronze Member
Username: Trans_am_ls7

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 55
i want SQ
50 wide x idc tall x 34 deep. It's for daily driving

i found this one i don't really kno anything about boxs so what do u guys think??

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=40&Eh=22&Dia=11&Xmax=27&Vd =0.24&NumW=1&Vb=8.8&Fb=32&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0

Bronze Member

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 63
bump?

Gold Member
Username: Theweasel

2 12 FI SSD, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 1087
what size is it?

Bronze Member

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 64
18"

Silver Member
Username: Hgihkcin

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 260
ill design and build a box for you for some money

Bronze Member

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 73
i'm thinkin 8.8 C/F 32Hz how much??

Silver Member

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 262
i could design it for free, if you wana build it yourself (im assuming you would cuss ur in construction and all), or i could build it for you for a reasonable price. im pry not the best person to design/build it for you, but if you want budget i can do it, plus shipping would be free. is this for your trans am? are their trunks really that big?

Bronze Member

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 74
lol no i think it 4.5 c/f in the trans am! its goin in a 01 or 98 Explorer! scott goin to design it!goin to see if u can build it?? or Mobile Audio but i bet they want to much fukin money! can u help with the big 3 too??

Silver Member

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 263
if the design isnt ultra complicated yeah i can build it, i dont think any of the shops in lincoln would do it for less than a shitload of money, yeah ill could try and help u with the big 3, ive never done it before, im gunna do it on my friends car soon, its not too complicated though....

Bronze Member

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 76
It's a 01 Explorer E,B. I want to get some things done first like tenting da back 3% and front 15% and get an Security System then I'm running the wiring then I will be getting the amp and sub and box. S.W is askin 250 and M.A is askin 130 so I'm maybe going there! how much do u want to do it?

Silver Member

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 265
pry like 70 plus supplys, so i guess M.A would be a better deal, it takes me alot more time to do a box than them cuss i dont have as good of tools... i wish i coulda helped you out, ill have to see your system and ur trans am some time. ull have to compare it to my friends 18" Q in an eclipse

Bronze Member

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 81
yea i never had an 15" or 18" so this is goin to be sweet lol ur friend Q can i hear his someday??

Silver Member

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 266
yeah ur gunna have to hear it, it gets crazy low

Bronze Member

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 84
What are you guys doing dis week??? I work 8 - 5 ever day?? I'm maybe going to Circuit city Friday to get the Kicker ZX1500.1 for 699.99 I don't know if she still works there but she told me she gets a 30% off??? Do u know anyone that works there??? I don't want to pay 1k for it that's way to damn much

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1579
All these Lincoln guys should meet up some time. I am here for school and would love to see some systems...

Silver Member
Username: Spivey17323

Dunellen, New jersey United states

Post Number: 478
they have bnib ones on ebay for wayyyyyyyyyy less man. why pay 700 bucks at CC?

Gold Member
Username: Mike11202

DD9515G VFL 200.1 = : , Sewell, NJ US

Post Number: 1031
$699 for a ZX1500.1 ?? f!ck that buy it on the internet

Bronze Member

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 85
how good is http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1580
Are you asking about the website or a product?

Bronze Member

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 86
website

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1581
Yeah it's decent, but ebay is a better choice prices wise.

Silver Member

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 267
yeah, get it off ebay, its alot better buy, even with circuit citys discount its better off ebay, we should have a lincoln meet up, ben did you ever end up getting a new system? i remeber saying u were gunna get Q's but then u disappeared during the summer

Bronze Member

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 95
yea we should but let me get my 18" in first lol i'm gettin my new truck monday http://www.andersonautogroup.com/Scripts/Sticker.dll?homepage=[694]&action=[DISPLAY]&newused=[USED]&CarExpressCookie_Ver3=[4797914]&ResultsID= [0]&STOCKNUMBER=[3.1581.L70118A]
then tented this week and run 1/0g wiring too but i will have two 12" RE SE in there :-)

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1583
haha yeah I did Nick, but it wasn't a Q. I ended up getting a couple 8" SoundSplinter RL-i and a Rockford t5001bd pushing 1036RMS @ 1 ohm. I wanted something smaller because the 2.75cuft box was killing my trunk space. Unfortunately I don't have it here. I won't until end of October because they are at home.

I sorta disapeared over the summer, but I was still online. I live in Minneapolis and go to school here, so I changed by location in my profile lol

Anyways, I am up for meeting up sometime. I don't know what that would involve or anything, but whatever works. As I said, my setup won't be complete until October, so maybe then? Trans Am LS7 - when do you think you'll have your setup?

Bronze Member

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 97
I hope I will have the sub done in October or later all this is going fast so I'm hoping it will be done soon I'm getting paid this Friday so I'm maybe getting the amp soon then the box at M/A then the sub so yea October should be good but it's going to be cold out lol

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1584
haha I'm from Minnesota, I can handle the cold. Whatever works. It really makes no difference to me.

Do you know for sure what you are going to do for your system?

Bronze Member

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 99
1 18" Q push by a kicker1500.1.
but is it hard on the sub's in the cold?? i love the cold haha

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1585
Well if it's well below freezing I could see it being a problem. However, there is no issue if it's a regular cold.

What are you doing for your box? Who's building it and what size/tuning?

Silver Member

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 268
late october meet up in lincoln?

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1587
Works for me. I am headed home the 19-23 of October and can do whatever after that point.

Silver Member

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 269
i have no idea when im gunna get my system in, the Ho alternator is the limiting factor, it costs to damn much money

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1592
haha makes sense. I'm not running enough power to need one. Either way, if either of you need help with anything, I can try to help out. I've done a decent amount of work on different cars.

Silver Member

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 101
still waitin to see what Scott's box looks like?? i want it to be at lest 8.8 C/F!
i all most got my new truck anderson is bein a little b**** lol j.k. they had it at 11k now i got them to drop it to 7k tomorrow is the big day

Silver Member

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 270
i hope ur system ends up awesome, you sound pretty good at gettin the price down, hopefully i can get the price down on the 300zx im gunna try and buy on friday

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

Lincoln, Nebraska U.S.A

Post Number: 192
good luck man lol this sh!t hard to do.

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1598
What's hard to do?

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

Lincoln, Nebraska U.S.A

Post Number: 193
gettin this truck! but it's over i got it now. now to save money for the Q and kicker

Silver Member

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 273
is your name really quentin?

Silver Member

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 105
yea it is, i'm hopein i will be done in OCT but it could be push back to NOV i'm hopein not !!! b/c i need to get my h.u in my truck run 1g wiring and need to get the amp from S/W and the sub from scott and have the box made by S/W.

but my truck will not be tented or have Security on it but i will have my truck put away so no one can find it. were i'm goin to will have Security on it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us