Big 3 f@cking up my car??

Silver Member
Username: Torn

Post Number: 176
My big 3 is setup like this: 4 gauge power fron alt to battery in between alt and batt is a phoenix gold cricuit breaker, 4 gauge ground from batt to chasis and to engine block. Well my problem is, last week I was bumping to the market then system stopped working so i checked on it turned the car off and went to back amp was on and all but no thump. took keys out locked the doors and went shopping, came back out unlooaded to back seats, got in the car, tried to start the car but nothing, thecar didnt make a sound or start up when i turned the ignition, but when my car doors are open the opened door lights in the car and on the dash goes on but the rest of the dash light and ect wasn't on, my headlights turned on but the dash didn't like it's supposed to. was stuck at the market for 4 hours before car started after playing around with fuses and phoenix gold circuit breaker.
Today I had to go work so i went in car and try starting it and it did the same thing so i got a ride from someone else. An hour ago i got home tried to play with it again, the circuit breaker circuit connection wasn't clicked on i noticed so i tried to start the car again with the breaker off and nothing but when i clicked it in place from off to on and tried to start the car it started! so i then did another thing which was not start the car but had the key in the position when the cars started so engine was off but dash and everything should be on as if the engine is running, closed my door everything is on i broke the connection on the circuit breaker and everything turned off like before but when i put it back on i can hear my car's dash turn on and also hear a clicking noise from the fuse and relay box of the car everytime i turned off and on the connection on the circuit breaker. Anyone knows why this is happenning? The car is a 1992 toyota camry.

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

San Diego

Post Number: 505
The wiring layout is a little confusing as you typed it...

you don't have a wire going from the engine block to the Neg. Batt. do you?

Get rid of the circuit breaker and get a good fuse holder.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4966
Tear out all your wiring and do it all over.I have no idea what kind of wiring you did on that car but look over ALL of it and I'm sure you'll see a problem.Make sure you always have very clean BARE METAL grounds as well.Doing a BIG 3 properly should never "f@ck" up your car.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3587
Im a little confused about the layout as well.... is the circuit break between the alternator and the battery then, or between your car power\amp power? If that is the case that can be your problem.

"Doing a BIG 3 properly should never "f@ck" up your car." It will only make it better!

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2866
Loose the CB between the alt and bat. The CB should be on the amps feed wire. Run straight from alt to bat +, bat - to grounds engine/chassis.

Silver Member
Username: Efil4zaggin

Chi Town, IL Cook

Post Number: 233
from the symptoms that ur sayin it sounds like u have that cb on between the chasie and the negative batt terminal, get rid of the cb or if u want 2 keep it make sure its only hooked up in series on the amp's hot wire.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us