Coaxal vs. component???

Bronze Member
Username: 07ramjam

Post Number: 12
Ihave a chance to pick up these speakers for a very good price

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=5262

Also a pair of MC6 6.5's for the rear.

Right now I have Polk 6x9 in the front and 6.5 in the rear.They are just the DB series but with my Memphis amp they sound pretty damn good.My question is this...would the Memphis comp. set sound substantially better then my Polks? Ive heard great things about the Memphis but I just wanted some input on the Polk coax's vs. the Memphis comps.(or any comps for that matter).

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5091
I have always been dissapointed with the performance of Polk speakers.They've never seemed worth the money to me,not even close.Oh and I can remember a few years back my brother decided to buy a set of 15 dollar 6.5'' Lanzar speakers and we put them against his Polks and sadly the Lanzar speakers were better by far,they were much cleaner sounding and more responsive and the output was quite a bit better too.He was pissed but I was laughing.After that the piece of sh1t Polks went into a box and into storage.

Silver Member
Username: Warlok

Orlando, FL USA

Post Number: 389
I couldnt agree more, course I have not compared them with 15$ speakers, but they do IMO make good stuff, but its an acquired taste(or sound for that matter), and I dont prefer it. Most people complain about them not having enough midbass, or lower end period. That maybe, they sound airy, and a bit harsh (tweet). Some say you just need to break them in, and its like night and day. Though I have heard polk sound really good, its never been my cup of tea for sound. And niether has Memphis.

But you might want to consider the line of Memphis vs the model for Polk, you could have a much better series in the Memphis. In which case, you woudl want them in the front, and seeing as they are comps, you should get the potential sound quality vs them being in the back. So Id go comps up front, and 6x9 in the rear.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us