WTF? Possibly Impounding Cars for OWNING a System??

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 684
http://blog.cardomain.com/blog/2007/09/rockford-il-we-.html

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Post Number: 6814
haha i got my car impounded 3 times for sound system and at the end the fines are close to 1200 now i dont play loud anymore :-)

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 261
wow... thats the most rediculas thing ive ever heard. If they think that your system might be loud they can impound it? WHAT!? Thats like saying if you drive a corvette, you must be able to go 150mph so lets get them too. How g@y...

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 559
This is the beginning of a communist country. Not just with this law, but it's a prime example. I agree that people should get fined for playing music loud in residential areas at late hours. That's irritating, and invades my space (as someone else said). There's a guy with a Harley that wakes me up at 6 every weekday, I swear I'm giong to call the cops if he does it again.

As far as impounding cars- that's rediculous. I have a handgun, should I go to jail because I can shoot someone? The ability does not mean the intent to do something.

To Steve Hoover: I'm glad you're happy with your Kappa Perfects, I had a few sets before that I was happy with also. But if you listen to any classical music or anything that has bass below about 50hz or so, you are missing an aweful lot of the music. A subwoofer can bring out parts of your favorite albums you never knew you were missing- without drowning out the important mids and highs.

I personally own a 16000+ watt rms system capable of being heard literally over a mile away, but I'd be willing to bet not a single one of my neighbors knows it.

People who have no respect for others dont deserve it- and should be penalized for their actions. The guy with the harley who wakes me up should get a noise ordinance violation, or the guy who wakes you up at 2am comming home from the bar should get a ticket. The person blaring at the intersection irritating other should get hassled by the cop sitting a few cars away. But the guy peacefully driving down the street on his way to a car show with his windows up should not be a victim of this unconstitutional law. It simply is too stiff a punishment for the crime- especially if none was ever commited. It's the states burden to prove that someone was blaring their system, not mine to prove I wasn't. If the cop can say "I see subs, I know it was you playing music, heres a ticket" good. If he says "hows it going, this is a police check point for stereos" that's not right.

-- I'd love to post that, but it wont let me. Oh well.

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 331
you know this crap targeting people with systems is bull then the best impound every motorcycle radio alarm clock. exhaust systems, power tools all thoese becuz they all make lound noise

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10167
Those who do it responsibly won't suffer. If you're one of those guys who rolls the window down at every stop light and pounds it to get "respect" expect zero from the law. I don't like all the laws that are being created today myself. I grew up being able to burn whatever I wanted in my backyard, shoot whatever is eating my garden, and play whatever I wanted as loud as I wanted whenever I wanted. With congestion comes more rules.

And don't get me started on the Harley issue......

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

Post Number: 384
this reminds me of the Salem witch trials.....
"she's a witch"...."okay, lets float her then!"

"he has a loud stereo"...."okay, lets fine him then!"

a car stereo without any aftermarket upgrades to the stereo/electrical can be heard with in 75ft, that's not very far.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 1...

Post Number: 5261
If this law stays on the books, and a few people are "convicted" of the "crime"...A decent lawyer would have a field-day w/ that court.

I mean come on people, this is blatantly unconstitutional:

-"The formal rules of evidence shall not apply to the hearing and hearsay evidence shall be admissible"

Hearsay??? Wow.
So, can I catch an off-duty cop w/ alil music playing and get his car impounded based on my word? Hummm.

I wonder if there are any Audio Shops in that town?

Also, If all this says on the books...someone needs to take advantage of this loop-hole:

"No person shall operate of permit to be operated an device used to receive broadcast sound, or reproduced and recorded sound if the devise is located:

(1)On the public way; or
(2)In any motor vehicle on the public way;"

They need to rent a place that his not "public" and slam the fvk out of some music.

Or...pull their system for a week and drive around w/ a power inverter, amp, and guitar.

Bronze Member
Username: Cblaze

Tn Us

Post Number: 68
i thank that there should be some changes to the music law.its 50 ft here to get a ticket but that dont matter if u have your windows down u cant even turn on your headunit cuz they dont care how many feet it is,just if they hear it,the law should be you can play your music loud as u want going down the road like a highway or threw town,but going threw neighbor hoods were people live is bs,i used to live in the projects and all u heard nite and day was ppl going by shaking your windows,it should be different around places where people dont live,i mean come on even where people the live should be a good 150-200 ft.i understand turning it down where u dont disturb people in there house,but on the road thats bs,the only reason that law is made is because some ppl dont like bass,and rap etc but if you turned on there kinda mucic they would be like hell yeah turn it on up

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6483
Those laws were probably made by lawyers. They're the only one benefiting. If anyone charged under that stupid law goes to court, it'll get thrown out. No cops will have any creditable evidence. The only way it'll be possible is, if one of them took a video camera and sound db meter, then recorded it live at 75ft away. Now who's going to do that? There are just too many loop holes. If the proof didn't show EXACT measurement of 75ft, then it'll get discarded. I'm sure you get the picture, just too hard for cops to win in court.
What they should do instead is, put a time limit on boom boxes, like for example, nothing after 10pm, and before 10am. That way, everyone gets to sleep at night and enjoy music during the day.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4983
I nearly went to the station and nearly got my sh1t impounded for pounding too hard :-) I was lucky though and I was honest and respectful to the police and since I didn't have anything on my record they let me go after making lots of fun of me...those fat f ucks! :-(

Bronze Member
Username: Brent113

Post Number: 13
I live in Oregon and I drive a bright royal blue Civic hatchback that looks real flashy, and I've been pulled over many many times because they say I have "expired plates" or something like that, even though I don't. Just what the cops need, to be able to look in the back of my car and see 2 huge subs and be able impound my car right there with no reason.

I'm really worried about this law spreading throughout the states.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6484
Man you guys need to keep your politicians busy with real work! That's what happens when they have nothing to do. Then again, it could be worse, like our Canadian politicians. They look for ways to increase/invent new taxes to justify their salary increases!

Bronze Member
Username: Cblaze

Tn Us

Post Number: 72
if a cop trys to impund my car for just having speakers,ima take every penny the police department has,u kno that could be false arrest,sue the mofo and be rich

Bronze Member
Username: Brent113

Post Number: 20
Wait, here we go:

Find the people you don't like that have speakers (read, anyone you don't like), and just say "Hey I heard their stereo" and you can get them impounded. This could be a great blackmail tool: "Don't mess with me or I'll get your car impounded"

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

Post Number: 386
as far as it spreading through the states, it won't happen in texas. besides williamson county at least.

Bronze Member
Username: Drant19

TX

Post Number: 37
i live in south texas and they are making a new noise ordinance law that says anything above 50-60 dbs outside of the car will be given a ticket...thats such bs. 50-60 dbs is like a whisper

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 3524
im glad ive never had any probs .. ive actually had a cop make a U turn to come checkout what i had for a system lol

Silver Member
Username: Efil4zaggin

Chi Town, IL Cook

Post Number: 235
hay Troy u said u have a 16,000 wRMS system!!!!!!! please tell me wut u have...btw u better have a neuclear power plant in ur trunk too, cuz if u dont u'll never see that 16k rms!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us