Best tuning for daily...?/alpha tuning(anyone with alphas please post)

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 956
so i got my alphas right now tuned to 38hz, like rd recomends and they sound good/great on most songs...but theres a few select songs when it sounds like they want to hit lower, or should i say ive also heard it in other ppls cars and it sounds much different, like a lower rumble, whereas mine is like a loud quick hum on the same song...would i benefit from tuning it lower or would it change the way other songs sound...? i was thinking around 32hz...thanks

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 957
bump

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

Post Number: 382
I have my 12" tuned to ~32 hz and it does the lows pretty nice, but I'm building a new box this weekend b/c the one I have now isn't built for the alpha, and I'm tuning it to ~34.75-35hz, Steve recommended that to me, told me it would still hit the lows just as well, I just wanted more freq response for the higher f's

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 958
bump anyone else...? would 32hz be good...or does neone else have ne recomendations i jsut dont feel like its hitting the lows like it shoulde be....lowering the sub sonic filter would be bad right?....cuz then the sub would bottom out....

Silver Member

Post Number: 383
I think you will be losing the higher freq you're used to going down that far from 38hz, that's why I'm doing ~35 hz. I'll let you know how it sounds this weekend, hopefully the parts come in on time.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 959
ok thanx alot thieves....all i will have to do is cut my ports alittle shorter so it wont be too much work...jsut let me knwo how it goes....

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 1718
mine is very versatile at 32hz

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4969
For those saying that a box tuned at 35hz will hit the lows the same as a box tuned to 32hz well...I'd just like to see some proof of that by showing me frequency response.

Silver Member

Post Number: 385
well maybe he didnt say just as well.....maybe he said, it should hit them pretty good....whatev

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 960
thanks for the input im gunna go for, if it doesnt work then ill jsut put the ports back in to tune it to 38hz...damn i knew i should of made an interchangable port lol..o well maybe i will this time around....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us