Alternator question

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SOUND SPLINTER RL-S ON...

Post Number: 15252
as i pulled in to my garage yesterday, i heard squeaking sound coming from my engine. so with the engine running, i opened the hood. i examined where the sound was coming from and it was from the alternator pulley. so i got my WD-40 and sprayed some there and the sound went away.

my question is, should i have that examined by a professional or you think its okay?

Gold Member
Username: B101

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4339
change the belt, ALL imports are notorious for that crap, specially accords, mitsubishi's, nissans... anything with that double-tripple belt system...

if its still charging, just change the belt, prob loose, or hard now.. get the expensive belt...

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 1...

Post Number: 5258
Was the squeek coming from the barring or just the belt moving over the pulley?

Gold Member

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4340
if its the alternator bearings, he is f'ed... what he can do is remove the belt, then spin the alternator with his fingers, if it spins smoothly, he is good... just change the belt..

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15253
i think it is the belt. cause yesterday when i got the WD-40, i couldn't find the straw that comes with it. so i didn't spray inside the pulley. i just sprayed around that area and the sound went away.

Gold Member

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4343
im certain its the belt, its a import... just be prepared to change it about 2 times a year or so...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15254
lol you import hater. lol. i'll straight smoke your suv in the freeway. :-)

Gold Member

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4344
lol, we will have to find that one out... :-) it can jump from 55-90 in a blink of a eye...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15255
sh!t son. my car is fast. lol. jp man.

anyways how you been?

also where should i go buy the belt? autozone? and what brand?

Gold Member

Everyone is ... USA

Post Number: 4349
yea, i know those accords are sleepers... i just like my power down low off the line.. :-)

ive been good buddy, i see your like tripple platinum, almost diamond...

go to autozone, or advance, even nappa... you want a good v-rib belt! it should have alot of small grooves, to provide more protection against slippage... get the highest priced one, or 2nd highest... a Dayco belt should do the job...

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 5070
also since depending on how your car is set up you might have to take the other belt off thats for i think power steering and water pump to get to the alt. belt so if you have to do that just change them both. i dont remember what year you have. but dont over tighten them because you will f u c k your bearings and stuff up.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 15259
thanks guys.

mat the belt comes off easily. i don't need to take anything out to get to the belt. also it has a auto tensioner so i think i am okay as long as i get the same size.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us