Stupid question......

Silver Member
Username: Pike110

TC-Sounds LMS 5400 18, Indianapolis...

Post Number: 403
A friend of mine is going to build an enclosure for two 12" subs. He is going to go ported and is not going to put a divider in the box.. so, both subs would be in a common chamber. Should the box volume be the same as if he were using one sub or does the volume have to double? I have never made a common chamber box and really couldn't give him an answer. I assumed that the box would be the same size as a single sub box, but just add a little more volume to account for the second sub's displacement.

Silver Member
Username: Cried

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 577
hey, whats up. You would just double it. I got a dual 12" ported enclosure with a kerfed port. and its carpeted. Ask your friend if he wants one already built? I live in columbus, IN and go to Columbus North, I assume you go to Pike High School?

Silver Member
Username: Pike110

TC-Sounds LMS 5400 18, Indianapolis...

Post Number: 404
I will ask him if he wants the box. How much do you want for it? Nah, I'm an old man... (29) I'm an Indiana State grad. I was in a fraternity named pi kappa alpha, and we were just called pikes for short.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10105
"Nah, I'm an old man... (29)"

You fugger.

Silver Member
Username: Cried

Erie, PA US

Post Number: 579
Well this box was built specifically for 2 type R's. What kind of subs does he have, I can build him one to specs for $140 picked up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us