I Need --HUGE AMP-- to Power My T.I Pro!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Cayuga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 126
I have an 18" Eclipse TI Pro, its 3000 watts rms quad voice coil at 1 ohm, i dont need something to power it to full potential but, i would prefer it to be close to 3000 rms. i will buy two smaller amps if i have too. That way i dont have to upgrade in amps later on. I am currently looking at an orion 2500d and a 2400 kinetik battery for around $600 canadian (US and CND are at par). Is that a good deal? please send me links or let me know about other amps. thanks

Silver Member
Username: Santa_fe

Post Number: 163
shoot man if you want to pushing anything over like 1000 watts Rms your going to want a high output alternator, also with the extra battery it would kill you stock stuff in minutes, for what you want you really need a high outpuut alternator, google irragi alternators, or excessive amperage. if i were you i would go with two smaller amps each pushing half, looki into phoneix gold amps, i think them some that can do what your looking for, this will be costly

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 521
Kicker 2500. Massive 3k- don't know how that'll do though... Hifonics thor. Rockford 3k.

What's the budget on the amp - and as stated don't forget your electric system.

Silver Member

Cayuga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 127
yes i know i meant to put in i will be buying a Hi Performance alt. but i want to buy something good that will do but cheap, like i said this guy will sell me a 2500 d and a 2400 kinetik for 650 should i take it..can you guys help me look for some amps online? thanks

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1669
what ohm load do you run quad 1's at? 1 or 2?

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 322
i would take the deal on the orion and the kinetik

Bronze Member
Username: Visitor

Middleofnowhere, Minnesota USA

Post Number: 86
i have a new t30001 bd i would sell you. solid sub regardless!

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3568
IA40.1 a lot better than the orion, but its exspensive used they go around $800, the orion will work but the ti pro can take a lot more power than that amps gives out.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

IA, DP RD

Post Number: 1940
id get 4 rd audio 800.1's. put one on each coil

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

IA, DP RD

Post Number: 1941
quad 1 wires to one ohm final load cal. its just like two dual 1 ohm.

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 878
"also with the extra battery it would kill you stock stuff in minutes"

Santa Fe, why do I see in alot of posts you act like you know what you are talking about, and then you say something completely false. I do agree, about 1300+ (considering the stock alt is at least 105amps) is all that can be run properly with an extra battery and big3. Hooking up an extra battery will not kill your "stock stuff" in minutes. In fact, I know several people that run extra batteries, and it helps them alot, including me.

Chris, you will need a HO alt if you are planning on running that much power, and also an extra battery to go along with it. You will also need to do big 3. That orion deal is a pretty decent deal if it's legit. That sub can take over that though, so I guess its just how much money you want to spend, and how loud you want.

Silver Member

Post Number: 525
Ebay- Hifonics colossus for 650. but for that price I'd do the RF 3k. If you get a cheap amp now you'll wonder 'what could it do with more?' down the road. It's better to wait a little and get a bigger amp. That's my thoughts- but do what you want.

Silver Member

Post Number: 526
^One big amp will save you tons in wire and time to set it up. Often one big amp is cheaper and smaller than lots of smaller amps.

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1709
if you do run an extra battery be sure to trickle charge it once a week or so. its a really cheap way to help electrical problems. but dont use it to replace a HO alternator

Silver Member

Cayuga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 129
ok how much for the RF 3000 visitor? and so should i wait and get something better like a mojo 4kw? i am only 15 so i have a year.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 87
675 shipped is waht i want for it. the choice is up to you on that though. i cant sway you either way (the memphis and the rockford are both amazing amps!

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3441
You can throw 1000rms on that sub and be done. It doesn't matter how loud it gets, your in Canada ain't nobody around to hear it anyways! If you want bass go the cheap route buy an I-pod and a good set of headphones, lmfao... Polo. :-O

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3942
lol polo maybe i should just go ur route when i get in my car throw on my headphones and just listen to the amazing bass lol

but seriously the memphis is a great amp but dont get it unless u know how to set it up cause they are sensitive amps as im told. you could also look into a autotek 4000.1 those are good amps or as stated before the ia40.1 if you want a serious amp but get ur electrical system setup first try to get a 300 amp alt the big 3 setup then worry about batteries and then a amp you'll be happy you did this after the fact trust me

Silver Member

Post Number: 536
I have memphis 4ks. I would get that RF 3k, of course shop around and check to make sure you can't find a better price, but if the birthsheet on that reads like most other RF amps, it'll be closer to 4k than 3k anyway. Lots of people have problems with their memphis amps, especially if they aren't careful with what they're doing- while I really don't hear anything negative about those RFs.

Look at it this way- if it's too much power, turn it down, if it's too little, you'll have to upgrade. It's your choice, but if you have time to save for a nice amp, get something big to begin with.

Silver Member
Username: Pike110

TC-Sounds LMS 5400 18, Indianapolis...

Post Number: 407
That rockford should be pushing around 4k at 1 ohm. They are extremely under rated. I have a rockford 4k and birthsheet says 5013. So I would say the rockford would be plenty of power, very nice amp!

Silver Member
Username: Pike110

TC-Sounds LMS 5400 18, Indianapolis...

Post Number: 408
Very nice sub btw! I have the little brother 15" ti (not a pro)

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3442
Upload

On wed I will have the REAL thing, lOl. Polo..

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3953
lol polo put 2 of those around ur ears and listen to them like headphones

Bronze Member

Post Number: 88
I have the real thing lots of em

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3444
I know you do and I have a new 4hp on its way also maybe for a project... Polo.. :-)

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3954
i have one real thing and thats all i need lol its a little better than a 4hp motor also or atleast more fun

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3445
"i have one real thing and thats all i need lol its a little better than a 4hp motor also or atleast more fun"

Then you don't much about your sub... Polo..

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1681
"quad 1 wires to one ohm final load cal. its just like two dual 1 ohm."

thanks jk

umm....how much can a ti pro handle?? if it handle nearly 5 kw, id go the memphis 4kw, someone on the caraudio.com classifieds has a nice one in like 7 /10 cosmetic for a nice price if i remember correctly....exnay on the zx2500 ay (2 ohm stable)....pick up a memphis mcd2500 and see how that bad boy does on 3kw and then upgrade if you have to...the memphis 2500 shouldnt be too hard to dish off if you need to sell it...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us