Louder in which vehicle??

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 668
curious question i have 2 12" kicker l7's in a 32hz box in a 1990 camry right now next week im gonna be trading the car in and getting a GMC JIMMY, Would this same setup be as loud or not as loud or louder in the jimmy versues the camry the reason i wonder this is becasue i know a jimmy has a lot of trunk space but also has a lot of air space to travel around so i got a feeling it wont get as loud or am i wrong.

Silver Member
Username: Santa_fe

Post Number: 160
i would say louder, due to the fact the jimmy is all open air, no trunk sealed off to keep sound in, its going to pound the sh!t out of the back seats, tell me how it goes,and the alt in the jimmy will prolly put out more power then in the camrey so all is in favor of being louder

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 669
so ur saying the jimmy would actully be louder then the camry with that set up even tho it seems like the camry would have more to bounce off of cuz its in a trunk verses the jimmy its all open space and has nothing to bounce off so will i get good spl out of the jimmy still im hoping.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 670
bump

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 528
being that the jimmy and the blazer are pretty much identical, I'd say it should be louder. There's no way to say for sure, but most likely as santa fe said- no trunk and that body should be good.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 671
so a blazer would actully be louder then a car with the same subwoofer setup. is it gonna be louder to my ears or louder spl to cuz i want louder spl thats what im basically asking if the jimmy would have louder spl verses the camry in spl.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 672
louder spl thats what i ment by louder

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 673
bump

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3439
You will have more bass but SPL it won't be louder due to the fact there is more area to compress. There is indeed such a thing as having more bass but not being as loud... Polo..

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 674
ok let me reword it lol. Which vehicle would i get heavier vibrations out of. Body shaking bass

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 675
bump

Silver Member

Post Number: 537
You are buying the vehicle either way right? If so you'll find out regardless.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 676
no not either way i can either get a jimmy,toyota paseo,plymouth breeze, or saturn and i just wanted to know if i would get the most vibration out of the jimmy since its a big vehicle or is it just gonna be louder to my ears

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 677
bump

Silver Member

Post Number: 544
It SHOULD sound louder in the jimmy. Plus there's much more room to upgrade. Get the suv (they kick soooo much azz.)

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 678
alright thanks, i prob will maybe end up upgrading i know the stock alt is 105amp so it should handle my setup better then the camry had the camry had 70amp alt which always shut down. I just hope i really do get more vibration out of the jimmy tho

Gold Member
Username: Tanmanfosho

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 1094
i had a 92 jimmy with a 15inch SSD tuned to 36hz with the port at the back so it resonated off the tailgate. my friend has the exact same setup as i did expect with a 93 olds car or something. mine was WAY louder. like amazingly. dunno if that helps...

P.S. even if ur jimmy isnt as old as a 92 their set up the same so ull be alright

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 679
alright thanks that helps alot yea the jimmy im gettin is 1994 im just trying to understand when u say way louder do u mean to the ear or vibration to because im looknig for more vibration box is tuned to 32hz just hope vibration is heavier in the jimmy

Gold Member
Username: Tanmanfosho

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 1097
my lows were crazy.like /\/\/\/\/\/\/\ mine hit the lows(vibrations) wayyy better
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us