MTX 9515 vs, DD9515 ...

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12168
in terms of playing music which is better\louder ? ...what about SPL too ??????

now b4 u all laugh @ me this ? was asked in a forum in my country & it seems most preferred the mtx (just because they liked that brand) - i never worked with either but 99.9% sure DD would win without a doubt since DDs r far superior built & handling sub

so anybody ever worked with either & can say for sure ????? .......
}

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 6099
havent heard either but im gonna go out on a limb and say DD

i would tend to guess DD will win....but like i said, havent heard either

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 1...

Post Number: 5247
The MTX isnt anywhere close to the DD. The DD is so far above and beyond the MTX, its laughable. The DD95 takes the MTX95 on every level imaginable, EVEN PRICE!

We have both MTX and DD at the shop, and we are dropping MTX at our shop since picking up DD. We can offer MUCH higher quality equipment w/ DD and equal-to if not less than the price of MTX.

I wouldnt event put the MTX9500's in the catigory w/ DD3500's. Its that bad...the MTX95's are horribly inefficient.

As a mater of fact, the MTX95 is a joke compared to MTX's lower lines. I would actually recommend an MTX8500 over the MTX9500 in most cases (especially the 15" version, that 4" coil creates FAR too much moving mass).

That said...I would prolly put the MTX8500 line about the range of the DD2500's. But the DD2500's have much faster attack, and much cleaner sound. It's unreal what a <$300retail 15" can do!

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3523
DD!!!!! I havnt heard the MTX9515 but i loved my DD9515, and if i would compare it to older mtx subs...... they still dont have a chance at anything

Platinum Member

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12171
oooops my bad - they were comparing mtx9512 vs dd9512

but anyway what Canaan said should still be about same with the 12" models in each - thanks dude

in my country here a mtx9500 is the very same price as a dd9500 series so hands down i would jump on it dd than a mtx anyday .......

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 628
Canaan, your a fool. "the mtx95 has 4" coil that creates far to much moving mass"?
My lord, people on this forum love to talk of this and that but few actually know what they're talking about. And Canaan, you may be a cool guy, but your one of those that doesnt know what he's talking about.

On another note, the MTX "IS" efficient. In fact it will reach full excursion with less power than the DD.
It to has a very powerful motor but considerably looser suspension.

I've heard, used, sold, and installed both brands for years.

Yes, the DD is a better sub, but the MTX is no slouch. I love the MTX thunder series from entry to 95's.

Both companies offer great products.

The MTX look much better, and the DD's are louder in spl set-ups, its six to one half a dozen to the other.

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1409
damn theres so much drama on E nowadays. cant we all jus get along?

Silver Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

2 RE8s,PG Xenon 400.1, 135.5dbs!!!!

Post Number: 931
Canaan,
Just wondering if ya'll have any good 400 watt amps for a fair price. I don't really have the time to send off the Xenon.

Silver Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

2 RE8s,PG Xenon 400.1, 135.5dbs!!!!

Post Number: 932
make that 400-500 watts

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1412
yo wolf i still have my MB Quart RAA2400 for sale,$150 shipped. 2x200 @ 4ohms,2x400 @ 2ohms,1x800 @ 4ohms.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3531
Wolf i have a 4ch amp, 110+shipping.. each chan bridged would get you 600rms total at 2 4ohm loads, 300 to each.
Earthquake 4ch
T2000W/4
Number of channels: 4
Max Power output: 2000 Watts
RMS Power 4-Ohm Bridged: 2 x 300
RMS Power 2-Ohm Stereo: 4 x 150
RMS Power 4-ohm stereo: 4 x 100
Damping Factor: >800
Cross over slopes: 24dB/OCT
THD: >0.005
SNR: 90dB
Class: A/B
Speaker Connection: 8 Gauge
Power Connection: 4 Gauge
Input Type: High Level and Low Level RCA
Dimension: 2.3125" x 9.75" x 13.3125"
MSRP: $273.00
http://www.earthquakesound.com/tnt.htm

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4876
Hmmm...wtf happened to my earlier post? :-(

Platinum Member

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12176
ouch ! ...Zac - ur opening paragraph is kinda harsh towards Canaan but i appreciate ur other comments .....

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 6453
wolfman dont get rid of the xenon get it fixed

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SOUND SPLINTER RL-S ON...

Post Number: 15203
and your reason is sean?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6456
flexability from 1-4 ohms same power
subsonic adjstable up to like 56hz
24 db crossover on it
adjustable 24 db lowpass on it
and more that I dont want to reveal our spl went up 1.2 db or more because of a secret we stumpled on with the xenon series amps (smiles) and no it wasnt box rise Canaan

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 1...

Post Number: 5252
Zac,

I respect your opinion man, but I just have to say...I dont care for the MTX9500's. For the price, you just dont get equal performance.

I have run MTX9515's on anywhere from 800-2000wrms, and they just dont live up to their cost. Maybe the 10's and 12's do better, but the 15's just let me down. I have spoken w/ quite a few other MTX dealers, and they say the same. It is a good sub, but just not a sub I would really recommend.

I have put the MTX9515 up against the DD9515d and the DD far above the MTX in every aspect. (MTX on memphis mojo 2kw, DD on 20.1)

I like MTX's lower lines much more than their 9500's...the 8500 is a very nice sub, as are the 7500's. Their 9515's just dont live up to the hype...IMO.

I'm sure you have tested/handled more subs than me in the past, but I just cant agree w/ you on the MTX9515's. Sorry man.

I'm not saying MTX makes a bad product. Their amps are very nice aswell.
Sean,
The only thing I can think of what would explain what happened in your case is, you may not have had a good connection in first try. I must have mis-read your original post.

Shane,
Call the # i gave you and send that Xenon off...you prolly will same $ in the long-run.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6481
no it wasnt a bad connection at the amp theres a legit secret with the xenon amps Canaan

Bronze Member
Username: Sick96vtecaccord

Va Usa

Post Number: 25
I would take an MTX 9515 anyday over a DD 9515.THe setup i have right now in my car i kill DD's . Yea im speaking from experience cuz i own a 9515 dvc 4ohm sub.Im running it on 1000 watts right now and it straight rattles my brain

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3952
lol have u ever heard a dd an i mean a actual 9515 or a lower model

and id have to say a dd is louder since ive previously owned a dd 9512 and loved it. I also owned 2 10" mtx 7500's not 9500's but i have heard them and i just like the sq of the dd more and i dont know just love it but the mtx is not a little baby sub but still would have to say the dd gets louder and is more efficient but im just saying this imo

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4893
"I would take an MTX 9515 anyday over a DD 9515.THe setup i have right now in my car i kill DD's . Yea im speaking from experience cuz i own a 9515 dvc 4ohm sub.Im running it on 1000 watts right now and it straight rattles my brain"

Lol.You kill DDs?I don't think so.

Silver Member
Username: Torn

Post Number: 175
UploadDD > MtX Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us