Ported? Sealed? in a 4runner

Username: Sets_off_car_alarms

Post Number: 1
I have a toyota 4runner and have 2 JL 15"s running off a single oldschool punch 800.2 amp.
The box that i bought them in is a probox sealed dual 15" box. I was wondering if i could set off more car alarms with a ported box or sealed box, aka if a ported box in a 4runner would hit harder than a sealed box.

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

North carolina

Post Number: 365
what type of jl?

Post Number: 2
the discontinues ones, 15w0, the zeros

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 5067
setting off alarms, wow really responsible.

Post Number: 3
?

Silver Member

North carolina

Post Number: 366
well all JL's subs are geared more for SQ than SPL you'll have a hard time "setting off car alarms" especially with 15w0's.

and don't get subs just for that purpose. makes people think think the only reason we gets subs is to "set off car alarms?

Post Number: 6
its just a reference for punch power, not meant for the specified purpose of subs.

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

Post Number: 365
aren't those only rated at like 150rms max? I used to have 3 12" w0s. I was always told those sound a lot better in a sealed enclosure.

Silver Member

North carolina

Post Number: 367
well either way its gonna be pretty hard to do with w0's

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3527
I want to get a harley..... ill "set off car alarms" more then most systems on this forum LOL

jp but seriously its insane how easy they set off alarms compared to a system... which gets u tickets

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

15 AQ HD3

Post Number: 1402
this is a funny thread. this is prolly wut he does to "set off car alarms", he pulls up to a car with his system cranked then gets out and shakes the car until the alarm goes off then jumps back in his car,drives off and brags to his friends that he jus set off a car alarm with his system on. lol sry man but i just gotta raise the BS flag on this one. the w0 series are poo i just dont see even 2 15s especially in a sealed prefab box setting off car alarms.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us