1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee - No Sound from Rear Speakers...

Username: Kingixl77

Madison, WI USA

Post Number: 1
Looking for some help/feedback...

I have a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee with the Infinity Gold 6-speaker sound system. About two months ago my rear speakers went completely out. There didn't start crackling ahead of time and all other speakers work fine. They both went at the same time. Every once in a while at high volumes they will both come back on and sound fine. I am wondering if I should consider this a problem with the wiring or a problem with the factory amp. I know these amps have issues and I am leaning towards it being the amp, but I don't want to buy a new amp if I don't have to. It just doesn't seem like a wiring issue to me though. I think if it were a wiring issue that maybe both speakers wouldn't have gone at the same time? Looking for thoughts or if anyone else has experienced the same issue with Chrysler factory amps. Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1691
i have a new stock amp if you wanted to try a new amp....haha idk whats wrong, but it could be worth a shot, email me caldapaL08@yahoo.com

Bronze Member
Username: Thunderb

Post Number: 19
Your on the right path. It could be either one. if one of your speaker wires a broken or worse grounded , or you might have a lose connection inside the amp. The funny thing about car audio is simple problems cause major headaches. I would start by doing a continuity test on my wiring. Just to see if you have a bad connection from the amp to the speaker. Some amplifiers work in a true stereo state were if one speaker fails, both speakers fail.If every thing checks out ok from the amp to the speaker then I would check the deck to make sure it isn't a low level output going to the amp.
You could do all the above if you start at the amp so you know which side of the amp the problem is on.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us