99 Cutlass Line Output Converter Help Needed

Username: Helpplease69

Post Number: 3
I have a Metra ALOC608 4-Channel Line Output Converter and I am trying to hook up amps/subs to my stock radio so questions i have is, is there a better converter to use where i wont have to cut my speaker wires and after i hook it up, do i still need my REMOTE wire for my amp? and if so where do i hook it up at?

TY For any help....

Username: Brent113

Post Number: 4
Usually amps with line level input don't require a remote turn on, but it sounds like you're converting it to signal level first, so in that case you WILL need a remote turn on wire. The wire hooks into an appropriate spot on the amp, check the manual for the wiring diagram. The other end of the wire connects to the accessory wire coming off the head unit. Once again check the car manual if it's a stock radio, or check your head unit's manual.

Username: Helpplease69

Post Number: 4
Ok, So then I dont have to worry about the remote wire?...

and another question is, would I be able to just strip a section of wire from my speaker wire and wrap the wire from my Line Output Converter around that wire and TAPE it, and have it be ok? because I dont wanna cut them...Thank You For Your Help!!

Username: Brent113

Post Number: 5
If you reread my post carefully, you WILL need a remote wire because you are converting it to signal level. Don't cut the wire, you have 2 options:

1) For best connectivity strip a section and solder the connection on, then tape it over.

2) The much easier solution is to use commercially produced wire splices, such as these:
http://kangyang.manufacturer.globalsources.com/si/6008800193537/LargeImage/Termi nal-Connector-with/product_id-1001495470/action-GetProduct.htm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us