Spl meter

Silver Member
Username: Santa_fe

Post Number: 142
where can i get one and how much do they run?? i just need a cheapo one

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 6440
dont buy the radioshack digital one I have it only goes up to 126 db .....if you can find a splmeter dm2 that goes up to 150 db like mine youll like it ..it reads tenths of a db too and is very close to the tl....canaan owned both and compared them....the dbm2 runs $150 new plus shipping when they were in business

Silver Member

Post Number: 143
hmm im trying to estimate the db im pushing right now....im pretty sure its over 100 but under 126..so mabey that would be a good buy for right now since i got plan on upgrading anytime soon? how much was the radio shack one if ya dont know off the top of ur haed dont reasearch it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6441
it was 50 bucks new from radioshack....id buy a lesser splmeter than the dbm2 they made a 140 db version it was alot cheaper than the 150 I think maybe you can find one

Silver Member

Post Number: 144
do have to hook on of these up to a computer?? That is the only way i have seen it done

Gold Member

Post Number: 6442
no the 150 has a cord and the 140 runs on batteries I think ....the radioshack one runs on batteries too but trust me 126 db isnt enough in the end

Silver Member

Post Number: 146
what does it say if im pushing more then that...error or something like that or will it just show a 126?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6443
just shows 126 db and a graph thing under it peaks....it also only reads whole spl numbers not tenths too

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
dang ok thanks....i will look into it this weekend

Gold Member

Post Number: 6444
heres a quote on the spl meter 150 dbm2

people have varied results but so far its been pretty close for us too on the meter we were metered on

addiction2bass6/23/2007 5:00:18 PM
not bad at all id say....
single 12inch sub, 1600watts rms (well at 14volts and no way my stock 70amp alt can power it and single battery.LOL)

now suprising thing is my CHEAP SPLmeter.com 150db unit was suprisingly was VERY CLOSE to the LEGAL "new TERMLAB mic"
termlab said max 136.6db and my splmeter said 136.0db

Gold Member

Post Number: 6445
ok cool

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 2603
TERMLAB TERMLAB TERMLAB TERMLAB TERMLAB TERMLAB TERMLAB TERMLAB TERMLAB TERMLAB TERMLAB TERMLAB
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us