Isolator or not?...and quick ot question

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 952
so i though i had it all planned out was gunna run jsut the two batteries without an isolator, but then i talked to my uncle whos a mechanic and he said it would be better to use the isolator, and that i wouldnt loose that much voltage, like is says on bcae1...now what does everyone on here think, especially those who have ran/are running are dual batt set up, with/without an isolator...also jsut wondering if that new double din screen from sony was ne good...i was thiking about getting one...
http://www.sonystyle.ca/commerce/servlet/ProductDetailDisplay?storeId=10001&lang Id=-1&catalogId=10001&productId=1004271&navigationPath=n32150n100245

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Post Number: 6775
insolator=voltage drops

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 953
yeah...so is it better to go with jsut connecting both batteries, or is there another way where i wont get voltage drops, i would like to have the option to play my system with my car off and not worry about killing both batteries...

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 954
oh and...anyone know about the screen, it looks and sounds pretty good, review on this site, and specs...i know its sony.....but who knows maybe they have put out something good for a change...?

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 467
I wouldn't get an isolator, but if you expect to spend a lot of time playing with the car off go for it. I've played my vehcile for 6-7 hours with the car off and cranked it right up when I had two batteries, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Don't know about the sony.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6474
Killer, if you want to listen with engine off, you need to get an isolator. No other option.
Don't worry about a voltage drop, it is very minor. Everyone exaggerates it cause most of them haven't even installed one. Too many people judge by rumors or hearsay.
If your 2nd battery does need some charging, you can always do so with a car charger once a month. That'll keep the battery fully charged.

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 479
I really think it depends- some people play their car off for 1/2 an hour or so- that's fine. Now for hours on end, yeah it wouldn't hurt to get one. I just think it's a waste of money unless you plan on just sitting there cranking it up pretty often.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 955
im jsut thinking engine off for like comps and stuff...but im not gunna be diong to many...jsut wnat to do this right so i dont have to re do it all once i notice its no good...but i think im gunna go with the isolator and see what it does...i guess i could always sell it if its not what i like...thanks alot for the help....ne one got an opinion on the sony..or should i jsut stay away from it cuz its sony...?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4863
Just bring jumper cables with you to comps instead of using a stupid isolator.Or...install a battery bank strictly for comps and don't hook up charging to it aside from an actual charger,I'd go this route for comps and run 16 or 18volts.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us