Ebay Vs. Retail

Username: Geckout

Groton, Ct Usa

Post Number: 3
I am looking to buy a whole new system for my car. Below is a thread I placed in the sub section as an "OT" but figured I would place it here as well as I am curious what type of speakers would be the best bang for the buck?

I am also curious if people buy off ebay a lot or if it is best to stick with retail stores in my area only? Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

John

I currently own a 2007 xterra and wanted to set up a system where as I don't have to take up much if any at all of the space in the back for amps and sub boxes. Currently I am looking to do a system with the following components:

HU just a simple Kenwood KDC-X791 for now.
Carry over from previous car so don't want to spend money on that right now.

Fronts/ Rears : Boston Acoustic Pro series/S series in rear

Amps : looking at JL or Alpine amps

Sub: For this i was looking at a single 10" to place in the back in a specially designed box that fits over the rear wheel well.
I was looking at either the JL or Alpine Subs for this as well.

I was told that I could actually get a much better system for a really good price and that people on this forum could give me some excellent advice on some brands to look at / purchase. It would be nice to not have to spend much more than say 1800$ for the system installed but since I am fairly new at this, this number may not be very reasonable.

I'd appreciate any and all advice on components , brands, systems, etc as I would like to do this right the first time.

as for types of music: well i listen to most everything from dave matthews to dre and snoop dogg. i love good sounding bass and love to hear really crystal clear notes on guitar etc. I also tend to listen to my music pretty loud as well.

below are two pics from an exterra site showing where people seem to place the sub and amp.

thanks again for helping out a NooB with some component questions.

Upload
Upload

Username: Ottawademon

Ottaw, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 2
ebay has great prices but a pain if you need warranty help

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1592
on here you can find good deals if you ask the right people, hint hint and are open to different companies not found in stores.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us