Better and cheaper than focal?

Bronze Member
Username: Imi4tth3w

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 65
are there better and cheaper speakers than the focal K2's? i'm sure they are out there but are they really better? i would be looking for a pair of component 6.5" and tweeter set.

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1589
how much do you want to spend? Ebay pricing or retail pricing?

Bronze Member

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 69
i know they retail here around 1100 but thats way out of my boundry. i'm looking around 500-750. i might go higher. and a good suggestion of a speaker amp i also have an eclipse XA4000 so if they go well with that amp that would be great. its about 175W RMS x4

Username: Salagahle2000

Delray Beach, FL

Post Number: 1
I am also looking for some speaker advice. i just bought a set of polk audio SR6500's front and rear. they are great if you listen to rock, but i want something with more warmth and volume. i am compairing the morel elates, and dls iridium 6.2's or 6.3's or even the nobelium's. does anyone know if i will get decent volume with a pdx4.150 on any of these speakers.

By the way the polk SR's are for sale. I bought them less than a month ago and have only been in my car for 2 weeks. i also have all of the original packageing if anyone wants great speakers for a good price.

Bronze Member

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 75
bump

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

IA, DP RD

Post Number: 1934
any1 need a sick 2-channel amp i have a few in everypower range

Bronze Member

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 79
yeah if i could find some speakers. i guess i'll just see what i can do to find some focal K2's on my own? guessing that theres not much else out there for cheaper

Username: Salagahle2000

Delray Beach, FL

Post Number: 3
have you read about the polk sr 6500 at www.caraudiomag.com? what kind of sound are you looking for and what do you listen to?

Silver Member

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 108
well. i listen to pretty much everything and anything you can think of. besides classical. i listen to a lot of rap and a lot of rock and a lot of country. but my friend has a pair of the cheapest component focals powered by his head unit and they still sound 238490732843 times better than any other speaker i've heard. and if those are the cheapest set of component 6.5 i can't even imagine what the K2's would sound like. but this is my personal opinion and i haven't heard many other brands of speakers. and those K2's are very pricy. i was wondering if there was another set of components out there with the same sq as the K2's but without that huge price tag. there probably isn't but i'm just asking around

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1596
Have you tried anything else? I could suggest a few, CDT has some nice components to offer, the Polk SR series is quite nice also. Never been a big fan of Focal but the midrange is always good with them. I would suggest the CDT ES series or the SR's from Polk. If you are interested in CDT PM me and i'll help you out. I have a special for this month on ES series.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us