Buildin my own box... 2 quick questions..


New member
Username: O0airjordan120o

Post Number: 9
Registered: Sep-07
im almost done buildin a custom box to fit 2 12inch R's in my truck... alright what are those black disc things in the back of boxes called that you plug the wiring from the amp to? and whats the best way to cut the hole for the subs?

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10041
Registered: Jun-06
Terminal cups. Some will say just to wire direct. And some will also say to use a router for the hole. If you're careful enough a jigsaw works just fine.

Please don't use a sawsall or circular saw for this.

New member
Username: O0airjordan120o

Post Number: 10
Registered: Sep-07
lol sawsall... thatd be fun to watch. thanks. i got a jigsaw, i figured ild be using that anyways. ill be posting pics of the build and final here in the next 2 days. i have an oppertunity to custom carpet the box... i wanted to put my name in it but was told i should put the alpine logo to match the subs.. any suggestions?

Bronze Member
Username: Mdcustoms

Grand Rapids, MI USA

Post Number: 20
Registered: Jun-06
Those are called speaker terminal cups. I would recommend to get some. They have a good selection and pretty good prices. I like to use one of their cups for any DVC sub enclosure i make.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us