Two Dual 4 ohm 15" subs

Bronze Member
Username: Mfgirbaud05

Post Number: 30
i got two dual 4 ohm 15" subs and i was just wondering if i can wire them to get a 2 ohm load. and i was wondering would two 15" RF subs (500 watts rms each) have alot more bass then two 12" RF subs (500 watts rms each).

Bronze Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 60
They will put out more bass. Nope, can't get a two ohm load. Your best bet is dual 2 ohm subs, or a 2 channel amp. That will allow you to run a 2 ohm load on each channel, or wire the subs coils in series, then connect both to the amp in a bridged configuration for a 4 ohm load.

notor1ous r1
Unregistered guest
yes you can get a 2 ohm load. go to rocfordfosgate.com then click support then select woofer wiring wizard there you will find at least two different ways to wire the subs, i would go with a mono amp, a/b or class d , but if two channel is your way then i would say a kicker kx800.2. stay away from rockford amps they suck now. just trying to help you, iwas once lost in the car audio field also.thanks.

notor1ous r1
Unregistered guest
im sorry i thougt it said 2 4ohm , not 2 dual 4ohm. i really apologize now i have made an azz of my self. you can either achive a 1ohm or a 4ohm set up with 2 dual 4 ohm speakers but if you had four then you could get a 2ohm load. once again my mistake my friend.lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us