Hmm, not sure if this is a problem or not

Username: Chriscarpenter

Post Number: 1
I recently purchased some Rockford Fosgate subs and an Fos amp for my 1991 Jeep Cherokee. Everything is fine, sounds great and everything, but I'm not sure if the following is supposed to happen...

When I turn the car off, the red light on top of the amp (the one in the shape of the Fos logo) stays on. I'm fairly certain, almost sure that the REM wiring is done correctly. However, the light still stays on. What I'm wondering is if it is supposed to stay on or not? Does this happen to anyone else? Or am I going to have a dead battery tomorrow?

Thanks in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3222
how long does it stay on?

Username: Chriscarpenter

Post Number: 2
It's still on now, and I finished installing the entire system around 9:00 central time today.

As far as I can tell, it doesn't turn off.

Bronze Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 61
Sounds like the remote wire is connected wrong, maybe somehow hooked to the battery (maybe the constant wire for the head unit, for memory of settings, time, etc.). Disconnect the remote wire for now, make sure the light goes off (you know that's the problem if it does), then address the issue tomorrow by looking at the wiring behind the head unit.

Silver Member
Username: Soccer

Post Number: 123
You must have connected the amp's REM wire to the power (red, yellow) of the HU, but it should be connected to the REM output of the HU, generally a blue wire with a black or white stripe. Be carefull not to connect it to the ant feed, that in some HUs has only 5 volt DC, instead of the necessary 12 volt DC.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us