Parallel wireing

ok...I'm so confused about my system now. I don't know alot about this kinda stuff to begin with, and i need some help. I just bought 2 12 inch MTX Thunder 8000's (8 ohm each, NOT DVC) and an Orion XTR 900 (225 X 2 @ 4 ohms, 450 X 2 @ 2 ohms, or 900 X 1 @ 4 ohms). I tryed bridging the subs to get the 900 watts, and i couldnt get all 900 watts out of the amp, some1 told me it was because i have 8 ohm subs. Now, i e-mailed Crutchfield.com, and they said i can parallel wire my subs to get them down to 4 ohm, then bridge them. The problem is i dont have the slightest clue how to parallel wire subs. All help is appreciated. PLEASE EMAIL ME. THANX.

RYAN (FatRyan@MSN.com)

Anonymous
Basically connect the positive from the amp to the positive terminal on all your subs, and the negative from the amp to the negative on all the subs..

So all the positives are connected, and the negatives are connected, as opposed to series where you connect positive to negative in one long chain..

The formula to find impedance in parallel is the total ohms divided by the number of subs, and for series it is just the total.

Jim Boom
Sub 1 - +
______| |
Sub 2 - +
______| |
Amp - + |=The wires and ohms can be figured by total number of ohms added together divided by 4. Wich in your cas would be 8+8=16 divide by 4= 4ohms. Peace
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us