Hmm can any one help?

Username: Jason1004

Baltimore, MD USA

Post Number: 3
I just put in a system in my car...and i had just one amp hooked up to the sub and was pushing fine no problems...then i added another amp for the rears it is a four channel Alpine MRP-F240 and i have it bridged down...now when ever i go to high volumes above..40 the amps cut out and come back on..does any one know why? the other amp is a 2 channel MTX MXA4002 i also have that bridged down for the sub...MTX MXS1004 10"

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3203
either the load is too low on the amp, or the amps are drawing more current than the car can provide.
may be time to look at upgrading your car's charging system.

Silver Member
Username: Soccer

Post Number: 117
What wire sizes are you using? At least AWG 8 for the power (except remote) and ground and AWG 12 for speakers. Also, check all crimpings/solderings on the speakers connections. I recently had a similar problem with an Alpine f356 due to bad crimpings! Solution, I remade the crimpings with an APROPIATE TOOL (!), and soldered it afterwards, just to make sure the connections on that plug were solid.
Enjoy

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
I forgot to tell you, that problem costed me an alternator regulator in a matter of 2 months, which was new.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3209
new but still stock rating?
you need 4ga cable, and a high output alternator.
beyond that you may also want to consider about 3fd of capacitance and a deep cycle isolated battery.
welcome to the expensive part of car audio.. having the juice to power the system.

Silver Member

Post Number: 121
Personally, I would install 1,010100 F (1F + 10mF + 100uF) for bass speed questions. And I still have a stock rating reg (90 amp), the other was gone due to variations in current /impedance, not power abuse. This is one's holding, but I'm waiting for the 120 amp altern., by the time it comes maybe I'll take the chance to go to 4 AWG. And yes, it's the expensive part (150 €).
But all things well when ended well, TKS 2u M8.
Enjoy

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
And the amp now doesn't even get warm...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us