AMP Problem

Bronze Member
Username: Noob101

Taylorsville, Utah USA

Post Number: 80
I just hooked up my ED nine.1 to my FI Q today and it's not working the Amp is getting power but the Power Light isn't turning on.... Any help?

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1618
the remote turn on may have a bad connection or connected to the wrong spot in the back of the HU. You could have a bad connection somewhere and the amp is going into protect mode. You ground could be not a good connection which would also make the amp go into protect mode.

Bronze Member

Taylorsville, Utah USA

Post Number: 81
The protect light is also not turning on. Remote turn on?? i didn't get a remote with my amp he said he lost it i didn't think you needed it for the sub to work. is their a way to turn it on without the remote?

Silver Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

2 RE8s,PG Xenon 400.1, 135.5dbs!!!!

Post Number: 881
its not a real "remote", there should be a connection that says "remote" or "rem"...dont know where it is on that amp, its usually betweent the power and ground wires on other amps
anyway...you need to run a small wire from that to either the same wire on the back of your radio or to a keyed wire or fuse....that is a wire or fuse that only has power when the key is turned on on your car.

Silver Member

Post Number: 882
here's a pic of the end of a nine.5...to kinda show you the remote wire hookup

Silver Member

Post Number: 883
woops forgot the picUpload

Bronze Member

Taylorsville, Utah USA

Post Number: 82
Thank you i found the Rem to hook it up so i just hooked that up to my stereo wire and still no power no red light protection on or the green light power are on i've checked the power wire it is getting power along with the rem wire when the car is on. i re-checked the ground sanded off what little paint their was still nothing...any other ideas of what could be my problem?? thanks for the help so far btw

Bronze Member

Taylorsville, Utah USA

Post Number: 83
Bump^
Need any help as soon as possible...

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 636
you need to hook that up to the remote wire on your deck.

Silver Member

Post Number: 889
exactly where did you hook the rem wire too?

Silver Member

Post Number: 890
btw, just to make doubly sure its the amp, and not something on the remote wire, disconnect the remote wire from the amp, then use a short piece of wire and run it from the +in on the amp to the rem (should be almost side by side anyway. IF the amp comes on then....somethings messed up withe the way you wired the remote

pic
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 158
"Remote turn on?? i didn't get a remote with my amp he said he lost it i didn't think you needed it for the sub to work. is their a way to turn it on without the remote?"

lol... sorry, just kinda funny. The guy said he lost the remote for the amp??? what?!!!

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 637
but don't just leave that hooked up because you'll drain your battery.

Bronze Member

Taylorsville, Utah USA

Post Number: 84
Thank you very much i tried connecting it to the 12 V and it's working so it's the rem wire the thing is is that the Rem wire is giving power to the amp i guess just not enough because we tested the rem wire not sure of the name of it but you connect one end to the ground the other to the power lights up if their is power... that works so im guessing it's not getting enough power so my next question is is what exactly do i connect the rem wire to? i just put in with a wire off the back of my head unit that had power while the car was on...

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1688
on the back of the h/u, look for a blue wire with a white stripe. If you dont have that, look for a blue wire.

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 249
"Thank you i found the Rem to hook it up so i just hooked that up to my stereo wire and still no power no red light protection on or the green light power are on i've checked the power wire it is getting power along with the rem wire when the car is on. i re-checked the ground sanded off what little paint their was still nothing...any other ideas of what could be my problem?? thanks for the help so far btw"

lol omg this is the most funniest post ever lol did he say he hooked up the REM to a speaker wire ROFL

Bronze Member

Taylorsville, Utah USA

Post Number: 85
^
Thanks i just weant and checked and it was connected to the blue with a white stripe wire...and again the green power light nor the red protect light will come on we tested the rem on the amp and it says it is receiving power while the car is on...Anything else i can hook this up too?

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

Post Number: 301
take a small remote wire and touch the remote wire to the power wire and if the green light comes on the it's just the remote wire, could be something got pinched/burned, anything really. If that works, then just go ahead and put in a new remote wire from your HU to the amp.

Silver Member
Username: B3n07

Louisville, Ky USA

Post Number: 250
ok what HU you got if its a pioneer or awia then the wire you want to hook into is the sold blue i know from experience

Silver Member
Username: Jtown

Post Number: 302
^^^agreed

Silver Member

Post Number: 891
Tell u what HNIC, take pics of the amp and how its wired up, then post them, might help

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Mid town, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 761
take a dmm and see if your getting 12v from the remote wire...do that on the back of the HU to the blue wire and if its 12v when the car is on and 0v when the car is off then use a connecter and connect the remote wire to that blue wire off the HU then run it to your amp

Bronze Member

Taylorsville, Utah USA

Post Number: 86
I just got it all working i connected to a fuse under my dash that only has power while the car is on and it's all working thanks for all the help :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 892
ok, so it was a matter of where u connected it, glad things ar fixed

Bronze Member
Username: Santa_fe

Post Number: 85
bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts