Blown 12w7

Bronze Member
Username: Santa_fe

Post Number: 81
hey guys how much would it run to get blown 12w7 fixed???? im pretty sure it needs a new cone.....would it be better to buy a new one or just fix this one!!!

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2802
depends. got pics? and how the funk did you blow the cone on a W7? Can you have it warrantied. That would be the way to go. Call JL, and see what they say. Tell em it was a gift and you dont have paperwork for it....

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi

Post Number: 2231
yeah, tell them you had a 500/1 on it and its probably a done deal... :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Djb0501

Post Number: 31
If its warrantied and you were running it off one of their amps, you should have no problem. My 13w7 (running off 1000/1) just went out a few months back; I sent it in to them and got it back 2 weeks later good as new, no charge and covered under warranty.

Silver Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 416
my one friend received a blown w7 as a gift and it had to be fixed, i think they charged him like $330 or something, and just hte other day the w7 emblem on the front of it ended up falling off, and he called them and they said they woudl fix it for no charge, so i'd try calling them

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 1547
there are three serial plates located at different places on w7's....one on the outside is visible, two others are hidden....if not bought from a authorized dealer, there's a good chance one of these plates is missing...if missing, jl might not work on it or warranty it at all...

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6450
They will still fix it for a fee. So doesn't matter if it's from authorized dealer or not. If it's in warranty, it'll be free, if not for a reasonable fee, you'll get a brand new sub. They don't fix it, they just replace it. A while back, JL used to fix it, but now they just replace it cause it's cheaper.

Bronze Member
Username: Santa_fe

Post Number: 92
ok i was wrong....this is for my cuz by the way....its a 13w2...dual vc....hell i dont know how he blew it but ill find out how old it is and if it is still under warranty
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us